chapter one

"So, you guys aren't having a wedding?" Tracy asked Phil and I in disbelief.

Currently, Phil, Doug, Tracy, and I were having lunch. And Tracy was having a hard time believing there wasn't going to be a wedding.

"Nope." I happily said as I took a bite of my salad.

"Well... why?" My brother asked confused.

"We just want to have a relaxing wedding." Phil shrugged.

"By not having a wedding reception?" Tracy quickly interjected.

"I know it may sound crazy... but the other night we were thinking, why have a wedding and have to deal with one of us nearly dying, again." I laughed causing my sister in law to give me an odd look. After all she didn't know what truly happened in Vegas or Bangkok.

"Yeah." Phil agreed with me, "Your and Stu's wedding was a mess." Phil nodded his head at Doug.

"Hey, you're the ones that lost me." Doug mumbled.

"I just can't believe you don't want to have a wedding, Sophie. It's every little girls dream to have a big wedding." Tracy sighed.

"Not mine." I shrugged, "Besides, Phil and I are gonna have enough fun at the honey moon." I winked at Phil.

"Mhm." Phil quickly nodded, "I can't wait." He bit his lip.

"Ew. I don't wanna hear about that at all." Doug cringed.

"Whatever." I laughed. Suddenly, we heard a phone ringing.

"Oh, let me get this." Tracy told us as she answered her phone and left the table.

"I can't believe you guys canceled the reception. Mom is going to be mad." My brother exaggerated on the mad.

"Well, sorry, I don't want to have a wedding and deal with some huge disaster right before it." I huffed.

"We're just going to have a small party at our house." Phil said as he took a huge bite of his burger.

"I guess it's better than nothing." Doug shrugged.

"Oh, my god! We have to go!" Tracy ran up to the table.

"Wait, what? Is everything okay?!" Doug worriedly asked her.

"It's Alan. He really fucked up." She sighed, grabbing her bag.

"What'd he do?" Phil quickly asked and I nodded my head.

"H-he killed a giraffe..." She stuttered.

"What?!" Doug loudly said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, what?!" I repeated.

"I don't know. We gotta go." She sighed.

"Okay, okay. We'll see you guys later." Doug told Phil and I.

Doug left money for their half and they quickly rushed out of the restaurant.

"Wow, that's crazy." I mumbled. Phil looked up at me with a straight face and a smile started forming on his lips, "What?"

He suddenly bursted out laughing, "It's kinda funny."

"It's kinda scary." I corrected him, "I mean, how do you kill a giraffe?"

"It's Alan. I'm not even surprised." Phil shook his head.
———
"Aren't you guys friends with that giraffe guy?" My fiancés son pointed to the tv.

   Alan's giraffe incident was bigger than we thought. We were currently watching the news and it came up. Turns out Alan brought a giraffe and had him latched to the back of his car in a crate while he drove on the highway. Sadly, the giraffes head got decapitated when Alan drove under a bridge causing a pileup of car accidents on top of that.