chapter five

After we filled Chow in about the whole Marshall situation he took us to his house.

Since we left the bar I was avoiding Phil. I didn't want him questioning me about not drinking the alcohol and acting weird.

At Chow's house he showed us a prototype of his Mexican villa. He explained that it was one of his properties that got seized from him when he went to jail.

"This house is where I stashed the gold." Chow pointed to the prototype.

   "Marshall's gold?" Phil asked and Chow nodded his head.

   "Hid it inside the basement wall," He told us as he opened up the prototype, "No one knows it's there. We're gonna go get it."

   "As in break in?" I stated.

   "Look, Marshall wants his gold, and he's gonna hunt me down until he gets it. If we show up without it he'll kill me." Chow nervously told us.

   "We're not breaking in anywhere." Stu shot Chow down.

   "Not anywhere, Stu, my house. It's a piece of cake. I know every square inch of this place. The best part, the guy we're stealing it from... doesn't even know it's there. So he'll never know it's gone." Chow explained.

   We all silently looked at the prototype, debating if we should break in, that is until Alan broke the silence.

   "You guys know what's going on, right?" Alan asked us.

   "What do you mean?" Phil muttered.

   "Well, correct me if I'm wrong." Alan said to Chow, "We're not breaking into this house," He pointed to the prototype, "This house is too small. We're breaking into another house. This is just a model, right, Chow?"

   "What?" Chow mumbled confused.

   "No shit, Sherlock." I rolled my eyes.

Right after that Alan leaned onto something causing it to break and him to fall.

   "No! My chickens!" Chow shouted. Instantly a bunch of chickens flew out one by one and started attacking us, "Oh, shit!"

   "Chow, what the fuck?!" Phil yelled while one of the chickens gripped onto his neck.

   "AH!" I screamed running away from a chicken.

   "They're trained to kill!" Chow shouted while the chickens attacked Alan and Stu.

   "His beak is so sharp!" Stu squealed while one of the chickens pecked him.

   *BANG* a gun went off. The bullet hit the ground right next to Phil.

   "Oh, fuck!" Phil screamed.

   "Chow, what are you doing?!" I squealed.

   "Stay still! I'm trying to help!" Chow shrieked. He quickly pulled the trigger multiple times and shot the one attacking Stu, "Fucking bullseye!"

   "Are you out of your mind?!" Stu yelled at Chow.

   Chow ignored Stu and pulled a pillow on top of one of the chickens while we threw the rest out the window.

   "Shh. Shh. Don't struggle. Let go. You won a lot of fights, Wallace. Not this time." Chow whispered to the chicken. After a couple of seconds he died.

   "What the fuck was wrong with those chickens?" Phil huffed out of breath.

   "Yeah, why were they so angry?" I sighed.

   "All I feed them is cocaine... and chicken." Chow chuckled.
———
The next day
   "Who lives there now?" Alan asked from the backseat of the car.