Antarcticite!Silver X Reader

Winter is coming. The sky has been greyer as fall passes and the temperature drop. Not everyone's time of year for many reasons. Snow is a great inconvenience at the time, as the holiday stress, and the lack of lustrous help. 95% of gems are unable to properly function in the winter and go into a hibernating state.

So I can expect business to slow down greatly, and be more alone than what I've become accustomed to. Though it was fun setting up a safe-proof sleeping room for all the gems. Though Azul wanted to sleep by himself, Riddle still hasn't recovered from the previous master. So Y/n requested everyone to hibernate togeather.

As Kalim, Riddle, and Azul got their sleeping quarters ready. The twins gathered blankets for the gems on the island, and Y/n managed to finish making everyone's pajamas for winter sleep.

"Goodnight everyone," Y/n said, as they got a tired goodnight from the gems.

Y/n quickly went over to the island to help set up and was surprised to see that Lilia was unaffected by the lack of sun and cold winter air. The two got everything ready, and everyone soon succumbed to sleep. Lilia saw Y/n off as they made their way home.

______________________________

(5 weeks later)

"I keep forgetting how lonely it is to be home alone on holidays," Y/n sighted as they carried their haul of holiday gifts. 

"Yeah, It makes me realize how much Rollo keeps me in check," Rikki sighed as she struggled with her shopping list. "Oh by the way. Could you come over to my house? I need your input on something." 

"Oh, of what?" Y/n asked.

"I... I can't say out here," Rikki whispered to her friend.

"Rikki," Y/n said sternly. "What did you do?" 

"Geez glare any harder you might as well take Rollo's job. And it's nothing bad. Just meet me at home," Rikki whispered.

________________________________________________

(Later that Night)

Y/n quickly knocked on Rikki's door, and they slowly started to freeze in the cold. Before Y/n could even say anything the door opened and Rikki quickly dragged Y/n into the warm house.

"So what did you get your hands on this time," Y/n sighed as Rikki dragged out a create.

"So these scavenger guys were gonna toss this...Gem out? Only after I took what they abandoned, are they now on the hunt for it," Rikki explained. "Which I don't understand cause when I looked inside, it was just a large container with a liquid in it."

Y/n looked over the info on the container, and it was labeled "antarcticite". The two humans stared at the liquid when suddenly it sturred on its own.

"It's an antarcticite lustrous, Extremely rare. These gems can only take a humanoid shape in very cold temperatures. Not many people would have seen an antarcticite gem before," Y/n explained. " So maybe the scavengers didn't realize what they had till after they tossed it out."

"Wow, so. How are we gonna get it out in the cold, and for how long?" Rikki asked.

"Well I'm not sure, but it's snowing pretty heavily outside so maybe it's cold enough," Y/n said as they tried to think.

"Cool, I'll fill up the kiddie pool, and you get a campfire for us started," Rikki said as she began to drag the container outside.

_____________________________________________

Y/n got a small fire in the patio fire pit, and Rikki got an inflatable kid pool and poured the antarcticite liquid into it. So the two humans sat near the fire as they watched and waited for something to happen. And after an hour, something finally happened. A clear hand rose from the pool and gripped onto the sides as a figure slowly sat up. The figure had mid-length, silver-colored hair with long bangs that fall around and between his eyes. He also has a small cowlick on the top of his head. 

The gem's auroral-colored eyes slowly looked over at the humans. Only to gasp in shock as he fell back and out of the air-filled pool as he tried to get away from the humans. Sadly, cause his body still wasn't completely settled and his arms snapped.

Y/n and Rikki slowly approached as the antarcticite cornered himself in the garden. Y/n gently and delicately picked up the snapped-off arms. They tried to talk to the gem, but he seemed too on guard and just glared at them. He eventually barricaded himself in the outdoor shed.

Rikki recommended that Y/n go home and get Lillia. Maybe this gem will allow other gems to approach. So Y/n went to get Lilia, and when he was briefed on the situation. The old gem had a hopeful look in his eyes as Y/n brought him to Rikki's backyard.

"Is... Is that you Silver?" Lilia called out.

There was no answer for a bit when the shed slowly opened to reveal the antarcticite gem. Silver stared with wide eyes as Lilia slowly approached him. 

"It's me. Father Lilia," Silver said, not really believing his own eyes. "H-how and why are you Here?!" 

"My good friend Y/n brought me here. And I'm glad they did. They did so much for us back home, and many Gems call it home now," Lilia explained.

"B-but why? Why would a human do that?" Silver asked as he looked to Y/n in disbelief.

"Please let the kind doctor help. I'll be right here by your side," Lilia smiled warmly.

Silver looked over at Y/n and nervesly nodded. He watched closely as Y/n began to reattach his arms and limbs. With great care and attention. He had never met a human like them, as Lilia stayed by his side.

He smiles as the three of them Leave Rikki's house and back to his home island. He looked in awe at the many homes and buildings that would house many gems. As Lilia showed Silver around as Y/n remained in the boat. Wanting them to have a moment togeather.