VIII - First Day

Anna's POV

"Wake up, Anna!" A voice exclaimed as a pillow hit my head.

I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned as I turned on my back. I opened my eyes just as another pillow was thrown in my direction and let it hit my face as my arms were stuck under the covers.

"Good morning to you too, Lav," I mumbled as I rolled out of bed.

"Merlin Anna, did you just wake up?" Parvati asked from the bathroom's door.

"Some of us don't get eight hours of sleep every night during summer. Not on a bed as comfortable as this one anyways."

"Your problem, not mine," Lavender said with a bright smile.

"Your empathy touches me."

"Always a pleasure, Potter."

I shot her a look as I took out my uniform from my suitcase. I dragged my feet to the bathroom, rubbing my face with one hand to try and get the sleep out of my system. I threw some cold water on my face and got dressed before coming out of the bathroom to Lav and Parvati waiting for me.

"Do you never wear the uniform correctly?" Parvati asked with a laugh as she saw my top buttons open and my untied tie.

"And deprive the world of this neck? Come on, you know me better than this. I want to world - aka my girlfriend, to drool when they see me," I affirmed proudly.

"Alright, miss wipped-for-my-girlfriend, let's get breakfast."

We walked down the stairs, passing by my brother and his friends just as Ron took a magical frisbee from Granger's hands.

"Perfect, I've always wanted one," he said.

Next to us, Lavender burst out giggling and as we passed them she looked back at Ron. I looked at her with my brows furrowed while Parvati seemed genuinely confused.

"What the fuck was that?"

Instead of answering, she just shrugged with a secretive smile. One that I did not like at all. I glanced at Parvati as she looked completely dejected and I mentally begged whatever superior forces existed to not make them go through what Seamus and Dean were going through. We joined Neville, who was sitting in front of a morose Seamus, Dean nowhere in sight.

"Hey guys!" Lavender exclaimed in a high pitched voice that she didn't always have, a bright smile on her face as she sat next to Seamus while I quickly jumped over the table to sit next to Neville.

"What's got you smiling like that?" Seamus rudely asked and Lavender shrugged.

"Nothing. Just in a good mood."

We all looked at her with a disbeliving look. Neville shook his head, "You're weird, Lavender."

"Jeez, sorry for being happy guys." She rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, you're right, you have every right to be happy. And we're happy that you are," Parvati assured her.

We all ate breakfast, talking about everything and nothing, trying to take Seamus' mind off of Dean. I still couldn't believe he was dating Ginny. Finally, Minnie started coming towards us, papers in her arms to give us our schedules.

"Miss Brown," she greeted.

"Hello professor McGonagall," Lav smiled.

"You did well... But I'm afraid acceptable will not be enough to continue charms." She waved her hand around and gave Lavender her schedule for the year before moving on to Seamus and then Granger.