XXXIV- Drunken Mistakes

Anna's POV

April first had passed and now Friday was coming fast. Everyone in Gryffindor talked about it in excited voices, wondering what the twins had planned. It was odd to think that it was going to be the last one they were going to host though I avoided letting my thoughts lead to that. I knew Neville wasn't exactly excited for it, but he did like the parties, he just stayed on the side most of the time. I loved to dance with Lavender and Parvati, getting ready with them was also a pleasure. Ginny would, obviously, be participating and I knew she was fun. It was going to be amazing.

Once everyone's class was finished, the Weasley's twins sent everyone up in their dorms so they could prepare everything. I put on some music in our dorm so we could get prepared. Ginny came in our dorm to get ready with us. 

"Excited to finally be able to drink, Gin?" I asked her with a grin.

"Please, I can have fun without alcohol," she affirmed and I stared at her.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"Anna is speaking facts, Ginny. Especially since the alcohol your brother's bring is good," Lavender affirmed. I gestured to Lavender, happy that she agreed with me.

"Their birthday parties are really the best, it's going to be boring next year," Parvati said and I threw a pillow at her. 

"Don't make me get emotional, Patil."

"Do you really think it's going to be that different next year? I mean, we're still the Gryffindors." Ginny turned to me with a sly smile. "Plus, it's not like you ran out of Weasley's yet."

"Thank Merlin for that," I laughed.

"Is Hermione coming to get ready?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Don't know, don't care."

"Amen," Lavender said. "What are you all wearing tonight? I want to make a show."

"You read my mind, darling," I grinned at her.

"It must be from being stuck with you for the past five years," she rolled her eyes.

"The best five years of your life," I affirmed and they laughed. "Four for you, Gin."

"Well, I'm going to look good-" Parvati started.

"Obviously," Lavender and I interrupted. Parvati sometimes had trouble being confident in her body, which was hard to perceive for us, but it was understandable. We always tried to make her feel better, as she deserved. She smiled at our interruption and shook her head.

"-but I still want to be comfortable enough to dance."

"Oh my god, it's happening tonight! Parvati Patil is going to break the dance floor ladies and gentlemen! It is going to be amazing!" I exclaimed and barely ducked the pillow she threw at me.

"Shove off, Potter! I always break the dance floor."

"Correction, you always get Lav and me to break the dance floor and then take credit for it."

"Nah, pretty sure she's the one breaking it," Ginny said.

"Ginny! I can't believe you're betraying me like this. I thought we were friends," I cried. She glanced at Parvati, both of them sharing the same unimpressed expression.

"Yep, you've definitely being hanging out with my brothers too much."

"Please, I don't need anyone's influence to be dramatic. I'm a natural."

"Ha!" Lavender exclaimed from the other side of the room. "Found it."

"Found what?" Ginny asked.

"The perfect outfit for Parvati to beautifully break the dance floor by herself, of course."