88. beginning of the end

Start from the beginning

"Cas, you stupid bastard." Dean grumbles.

"Stupid? He was trying to help us." Sam says.

"Yeah, exactly." Dean says.

"So, what now?" Sam asks.

"I don't know." Dean says.

"Oh, shit." Chuck says.

"What?" The twins ask.

"I can feel them." Chuck says.

"Thought we'd find you here." They turn to find Zachariah and two angels with him. Natalie wraps her arm around Libby, moving both of them behind Sam. "Playtime's over, Dean. Time to come with us."

"You just keep your distance, asshat." Dean says.

"You're upset." Zachariah says.

"Yeah. A little. You sons of bitches jumpstarted jump day!"

"Maybe we let it happen. We didn't start anything. Right, Sammy?" Zachariah winks at him. "You had a chance to stop your brother, and you couldn't. So let's not quibble over who started what. Let's just say it was all our faults and move on. Cause like it or not, it's Apocalypse Now. And we're back on the same team again."

"Is that so?"

"You want to kill the devil. We want you to kill the devil. It's... synergy."

"And I'm just supposed to trust you? Cram it with walnuts, ugly."

"This isn't a game, son. Lucifer is powerful in ways that defy description. We need to strike now, hard and fast -- before he finds his vessel."

"His vessel? Lucifer needs a meat suit?"

"He is an angel. Them's the rules. And when he touches down, we're talking Four Horsemen, red oceans, fiery skies, the greatest hits. You can stop him, Dean, but you need our help."

"You listen to me, you two-faced douche. After what you did, I don't want jack squat from you!"

"You listen to me, boy! You think you can rebel against us? As Lucifer did?" He notices Dean dripping from Dean's hand. "You're bleeding."

"Oh, yeah. A little insurance policy in case you dicks showed up." Dean slaps his hand on an angel banishing sigil that's behind the door.

"No!" Zachariah shouts before he and the other two angels disappear in a flash of white light.

"Learned that from my friend, Cas, you son of a bitch." Dean says.

"This sucks ass." Chuck says.

+++

Sam walks into the motel room.

"Hey." Dean says.

"Hey." Sam says, shutting the door behind him. "Here. Hex bags." He tosses one to Natalie and one to Dean. "No way the angels will find us with those. Demons, either, for that matter."

"Where'd you get it?" Dean asks.

"I made it." Sam says.

"How?" Dean asks.

Sam hesitates causing his siblings to look at him as he holds the answer back for a moment.

"I... I learned it from Ruby." Sam admits. He looks over at Natalie, hoping to gauge her reaction better than Dean's, and she offers him a small smile. Sam relaxes a little when she doesn't seem mad or annoyed.

"Speaking of... how you doing? Are you jonesing for another hit of bitch blood or what?" Dean asks.

"I-it's weird. Uh, tell you the truth, I'm fine. No shakes, no fever. It's like whoever... put me on that plane cleaned me right up." Sam says.