one

It had only been a few months since Reagan Hood learned the truth from her mother

It had only been a few months since Reagan Hood learned the truth from her mother. The truth about a long kept family secret that she was never met to even discover. The truth that caused her relationship with her mother to change and was unlikely to ever be fully fixed.

Reagan understood where her mother was coming from, she could see why the secretary was needed. That doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

She had always known something was missing in her life, she just could never figure out what. She would have never imagined the cause of that feeling was her other half being ripped away, being told they could never meet.

Finding out not only that her twin brother was locked away and likely didn't even know of her as she didn't know of him was bad enough, but also finding out the true identity of her father who she inherited her new found abilities from was another.

She felt so alone knowing the only person who could truly understand her was locked away unable to guide and teach her. She had to figure out so much on her own.

It was a week after her sixteenth birthday when it happened. A full moon no one was prepared for or expecting. Her body suddenly in immense pain and exploding into a creature with furry paws surrounded by ripped up clothing, having no clue what in the world was happening. Being stuck in this strange form feeling these strange cravings and instincts that were nearly impossible to ignore. Waking hours later on the forest floor completely naked and covered in blood from nearby animals she couldn't stop herself from killing.

She had been incredibly lucky it was over summer break and she was back home with her mother and great grandmother at a secluded cottage in the Enchanted Forest. She can clearly remember the look on her mothers face when the women found her in that state and covered her with her own red cloak. The look of shock that had a hint of pity, and a dash of fear.

The women had no choice but to sit her down and spend the rest of the day explaining and answering questions. That same day the teen packed a bag and went to spend the rest of her summer break with her friend Gwen and her mother Goldie Locks in their own secluded home in the Enchanted Forest. Unable to stay with her mother, unbelievably hurt by all the secrets and lies, she needed space, her mother understood.

Reagan confided in her dear friend. She spent the next month as a wolf more often than a human. Learning her new abilities and how to control her predatory instincts. She still would occasionally slip up but she was trying and that's what mattered. She was very lucky she had never spilt blood other than that of animals. Though that even made her feel guilty.

Gwen's presence and support helped her. The girl would leave clean clothes out for her friend for when she shifted back. She would listen to her friend and although she could not understand what the girl was going though she would always be a shoulder she could cry on.