Remy was starting to wonder if they even existed anymore, considering how long it had been since any god had dared to show their face outside of their realm, wherever that was.

"What about Roger's?" Remy asked, looking back up at Tate and deciding he had already spent too much time thinking about Nadia and their predicament for today.

"Nothing. There were no signs of a break-in. No disturbance in the barrier off the coast, according to Agatha's folks. Just looked like he walked out and never came back," Tate said, his brow furrowed. "His place is near the water - he liked to take off from home rather than coming into the town marina - but... didn't see anything on the dock out there either. His boat's still there too. Tied up for the storm."

Remy leaned his elbows on his desk, rubbing his face.

"Okay. So something somehow got both Roger and George to go outside - Roger in the middle of a storm - and then drowned them before nearly ripping them apart," Remy stated, looking over at Tate. "And managed to do so without leaving any trace."

"I hate to say it, but it really does sound like Havsfru. Can't they do some sort of Jedi mind trick with their singing?" Tate asked. Remy immediately snarled, his wolf offended by Tate's line of thought. "Relax. I didn't say I thought it was Nadia. Just a Havsfru. They're obviously somehow immune to our protection wards. I mean... Ms. Ingrid got through them before0 Granted they weren't as strong back then."

Remy forced his wolf to chill out as he looked around on his desk, trying to find a book he pulled from the Archives about sea-dwellers.

"Something like that," Remy replied. He stopped when he realized he must have taken the book back and looked up at Tate. "But why? Why would a Havsfru decide to attack us? We haven't done anything to warrant it. At least I don't think so..."

"Dunno. Maybe George did something while out fishing and now they're taking it out on the town," Tate replied. "Fuck if I know the inner workings of Havsfru. Ms. Ingrid told us stories, but looking back... she didn't exactly give us a lot."

Remy didn't say anything, just stared down at his desk. He had come to the same conclusion. Yea, Ms. Ingrid had told them about her former home, but she hadn't exactly told them much about how Havsfru functioned or what they could do. What sort of magic they possessed. He then looked up at Tate.

"We need to increase patrols again tonight - especially along the coast. I've already put a pause on fishing activities, boating, and diving. And I'm considering a curfew," Remy said.

"Don't do a curfew," Tate groaned.

"What else do you suggest we do? I've already got Agatha and her coven out reinforcing the barriers around town. Spent far too long trying to talk her out of getting Nadia's blood for it," Remy replied. Tate didn't say anything, just pouted. Remy rolled his eyes. "Fine. I'll hold off on the curfew, but I'm highly recommending that people don't be out late until we figure out who's behind this. And definitely not alone."

Tate grinned and stood, seemingly pleased. Remy had a feeling he'd be at Marge's tonight with his beta and others in his sleuth. Any other time, Remy and Chloe would be there too. But unfortunately, Remy had far too much on his plate. And Chloe was supposed to be keeping an eye on Nadia. Remy still wasn't convinced Agatha wouldn't try something. The witch said Havsfru blood would make the spells stronger, and even though Nadia was clearly human, it wouldn't hurt to try.

He stood as well, following Tate out of his office.

"Where are you headed?" Tate asked.

"Checking in with Agatha and then back to the Archives. I need to pull whatever I can find on Havsfru," Remy replied. "See if I can find something else on tracking or trapping one."