Chapter 39: Love Stings

Start from the beginning

"We're helping him right?" Hayley asked me as we walked back.

"Oh, definitely." I nodded.

⊹˙⋆ The Silver Ranger ⋆˙⊹

We all were at the park. I was sitting down on the blanket with one of my new books. Hayley was playing with Kodi, Preston was sitting next to me, and Sarah, Brody and Levi were playing with a football a little bit away from us, but I don't know where Calvin went. When I looked up again, I saw Calvin walking to a trashcan while Hayley approached Preston and me. "Hey, Preston." She said as she sat down next to me. "So, did you ask Sandy to the dance?"

"Uh, what?" Preston asked, trying to act like he didn't know what she was talking about. He laughed nervously before he turned serious again. "How did you hear about that?"

"Bells and I saw you practising your magic for her." Hayley answered. Preston sighed before closing the picnic basket.

"I was just about to ask her, then I heard Viktor say that Sandy wants to go to the dance alone." Preston told us.

"Who cares what Victor says." Hayley said. "He once told me he was the first guy on the moon."

"Hayls is right, I mean, it's Victor. Knowing him he tried to bribe her to go with him." I said. Both of them looked at me with raised eyebrows. "What? He tried the same trick on me." 

"But he knows you're together with Levi." Hayley said.

"Well, he has the brain size of a hamster, so it doesn't surprise me he tried." I shrugged.

"All we're saying is: you can't believe everything you hear. Okay?" Hayley told him.

"You're right." Preston said. "Maybe there still is a chance. I got to talk to Sandy." He pulled out his phone immediately.

"You're in luck, Presto." I said as I noticed Sanday walking not far from us. He looked at me confused so I nodded my head in Sandy's direction.

"Go work a little magic." Hayley said.

"Now's my back, I'll be my chance." Preston said as he stood up. I laughed softly behind my hand at the sentence. He then stopped and turned to us again. "I mean, now's my chance, I'll be back." He then ran away. Hayley and I just laughed.

"Bella." Hayley warned as she looked over my shoulder with an alarmed look. I just reached my hand up and caught the football that was coming our way blindly. Hayley let out a sigh of relief. "It still scares me even though I know you will catch it without looking." I just chuckled as I turned around.

"Look out, will ya?" I asked the group as I threw the ball hard back toward Levi.

"Woah." He said as he stumbled back the moment he caught it. "A little warning next time! I still want to live!" I just shook my head with a smile. I knew I could throw a ball hard, but he was being dramatic.

"Oh, please, you're being dramatic!" I called back. This only caused the others to laugh while he just looked at me. I smiled back innocently. 

"Oops, am I interrupting?" I heard Venoma.  "Ready for some dangerous love?" I saw her shoot an arrow at Sandy, although I think it was meant for Preston. I shared a look with the others before we went towards them.

"Sandy, oh no, are you okay?" we heard Preston say as we approached them.

"Yeah, Preston, I think so." Sandy answered.

"Guys, I need to get her out of here." Preston told us.

"Yeah, go on." Calvin said to him.

"Did I spoil your Valentines day?" Venoma asked us in a mocking voice. Preston and Sandy stood up as he guided her away from the scene. Venoma laughed as she flew down to the ground. We all got in a fighting stance as she landed. "I'm Venoma, Galactic Ninja of dangerous love."