Chapter 10: Unexpected visit

I am now on my way to training. I felt like going for a walk so I could clear my mind. Suddenly I felt someone's arms around my waist. I looked down and saw ..... Chloe!! I immediately got down on my knees and wrapped my arms around her. Chloe burried her face into my shoulder. "I've missed you Isa." Chloe said into my shoulder.

"I missed you too. I actually miss everyone." I answered.

"Then why don't you come home?" Chloe asked.

"I can't honey. When the Hero League sees me at home, they are going to question me why I was gone and then I'll probably be watched more closely. And I can't leave, I have my responsibility here." I explained.

"What are you supposed to do here?" Chloe asked.

"Has Phoebe explained to everyone what I am?" I asked in a whisper.

"Power Ranger?" Chloe whispered.

"Indeed, that's the reason I can't get out of here." I said.

"What is that a Power Ranger?" Chloe asked.

"Actually they are superheroes without super powers but with cool weapons." I explained.

"Cool!" Chloe said.

"Chloe, do mom and dad know you're here?" I asked.

"Yes, they said I could go." Chloe said.

"Are you sure? Didn't you use your superpower to visit me without them knowing?" I asked to be sure.

"Yes I'm sure." Chloe replied. Then my phone rang.

"Hey." I answered when I answered.

"Bella, where are you?" Levi asked.

"I'm on my way to base. Why?" I answered.

"Because you should have been here already. We thought you were in trouble." Levi explained.

"There is no problem, but I have been delayed." I said while looking at Chloe. Chloe started to giggle when she saw me looking at her. I quickly put my finger in front of my mouth to signal that she should be quiet.

"What was that?" Levi asked.

"Nothing to worry about." I said. "Is it okay if I bring someone?" I asked while I looked at Chloe who nodded violently as a sign that she wanted to come along.

"Who do you want to take with you?" Levi asked.

"That's a surprise." I said laughing while I hung up. "Come on Chloe! I'm already late." I said to Chloe. I took her hand and started running to the base. When we arrived I first looked around the corner to see if the others were outside. The moment I wanted to continue walking I was stopped because Chloe had clung to my leg. "Chloe, you don't have to be nervous or shy. They're very nice." I reassured her. I picked her up and put her on my hip. Chloe nodded, but she still buried her face in my shoulder. "Sorry I'm late." I said as I walked up to them.

"Bella!!" Levi shouted as soon as he approached me.

"Take it easy, nothing happened." I said to reassure him.

"We were worried. We thought something had happened because you were not on time and normally you are always here before the agreed time." He explained as he gave me a side hug.

"And someone was worse than the rest." Brody said referring to Levi. Levi turned and glared at him before letting go of me.

"Who is that?" Calvin asked while pointing to Chloe.

"Guys, this is my sister Chloe." I said as Chloe buried her face deeper into my shoulder.

"But her age is not consistent with her year of birth." Sarah said.