23. Arrested for murder

Start from the beginning

"Jetson our song is playing! Dance with me." Becca practically threw herself into my arms.

I stared at my roommate with a puzzled face. She didn't look that drunk and honestly her behavior wasn't totally unusual but I was 99.9% sure we didn't have a song. And if we did it definitely wasn't the R&B song that was pumping out of the speakers in the room.

I was fairly confident that Becca and I had never even listened to this song together before.

"I didn't know we had a song." I chuckled at her antics.

"We do now! Come on Monroe abandoned me." She pouted up at me.

"Fine, lead the way." I let her drag me away.

It didn't take long for her to coax me into dancing with her. If Becca could do anything it was be persuasive. It was hard to say no to the blonde.

Dancing with Becca made me think of Connor, of the parties he dragged me to. I thought of all the times Connor had forced me to dance with him just long enough until he got sick of it. If I could think of one way to celebrate Connor it would doing exactly this.

"You share those moves?" An unknown voice filtered into my brain.

I blinked not even registering where the voice was coming from. It took me a second to realize the person wasn't talking to me but Becca. I looked at my roommate to see a tall guy hovering behind her with what I imagined was supposed to be flirty smile on his face.

Becca turned to the boy with a look of disgust.

"Ew no, go away." She physically shooed him away with her hand causing me to chuckle softly.

"Come on baby, you don't need to play hard to get." He threw an arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to him.

"Get off me you creep." Becca shoved him away from her.

"You bitch," the guy stepped towards her but he couldn't even finish his sentence before Becca was kneeing him in the groin.

I watched the guy hunch over but the look on his face wasn't just one of pain, there was rage there that had me feeling uneasy.

I stepped forward to butt in before the situation could get worse but my attention got pulled by a commotion behind me. I really shouldn't be surprised by the sight.

"Oh fuck." I muttered as Monroe stormed through the crowd a look of murder on his face.

"Jet stop him!" Becca called out gesturing to her very angry boyfriend.

I didn't know how I was supposed to stop Monroe but the second he got close enough I grabbed him. I put all my strength into trying to hold my roommate back from committing murder. It only took a second for me to realize that there was no stopping him. I might be able to hold him back for a few seconds but Monroe was going to get through me with ease.

"I can't hold him." I grunted as my friend put everything into trying to push out of my hold.

"Monroe calm down, I handled it. You don't need to kill the guy." Becca tried to talk to him.

"Put your hands on my girl and I kill you, call her a bitch and I'll bring your corpse back to life just to fucking kill you again." Monroe glared hard.

"Jesus." Nico appeared next to us grabbing Monroe on the other side and using all his strength to pull him back trying to separate. "I'll kill you if you get blood on my carpets."

Monroe didn't even register the other boys words. I'd watched Nico pull Connor away without it even looking hard. Now as Monroe fought in our grasp I watched Nico struggle for the first time.

"Get him out of here before he gets himself arrested for murder." Becca walked up to her boyfriend and placed a soft hand on his chest.

Monroe seemed to calm slightly at the contact allowing Nico and I to start to pull him back and create some distance. However we were so focused on him we missed when the other guy stood back up.

"You think you can just get away with that? You should have thought about what you were starting." The guy grabbed onto my friends arm pulling her to turn to look at his angry face.

Monroe yelled loudly and the shock was enough to loosen my grip. He broke free out of both Nico and I's hold as he charged at the guy currently gripping his girlfriend's arm.

Monroe pushed the guy off wrapped a hand around the man's neck.

"I think you should have thought about what you were starting the second you laid a single finger on her." Monroe threatened and I was pretty sure he was fully intending on murdering him.

Nico reached out pulling Monroe back, his movement jumped me into action as I tried to help get my roommate off the pathetic excuse of a man. Even with the two of us it was a struggle. Jake appeared next to me grabbing a hold of Monroe and finally we pulled him free of the guy he was trying to choke out.

"Get him out of here." Jake gestured to the guy on the floor.

Adam and Evan both grabbed an arm and dragged the other guy through the crowd. I put all my focus into Monroe as he seethed in my arms.

"It's okay babe, I'm okay." Becca stepped in front of him cupped both his cheeks with her hands.

I watched the anger in his face morph into softness.

"You're okay?" He muttered softly.

"I'm okay." She nodded in reassurance.

And then all the fight drained out of him as the calm finally washed over his body.

Thank god because I don't think I could have kept holding him back. My arms were seriously tired.

"Well at least Connors birthday party was eventful." I turned to see Dom watching the whole scene.

"Not the time." Jake groaned.

A/n:

I'm feeling a little frustrated this morning. I started writing and feeling motivated yesterday but now I'm stuck on one chapter. I know exactly what I need to write for this book but I can't get past a chapter and I want to just skip over it but my brain won't let me. I think I just need to bounce some ideas off someone and just let someone else tell me the chapter isn't needed so I can move on.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
-Cora Leigh