Country music

(The beginning of the fourth year for optimus and his team)

Optimus prime was at base going through the weaks events. He was all alone in the room but just to be sure he took a quick glance here and there to make sure he was completely alone. After he was sure no one else was there he took out a data pad and transferred it's images into the computer. A fiel showed on the screen and when the prime opend it he found a number of pictures of him... and reanna... together.

A small smile apeared on the peime's face but it disappeared instantly. Over the past two and a half years he had known this girl it honestly felt like he had been friends with her for his entire life. And he missed her a lot.
Optimus often blammed himself for the fall of cybertron and the reason why he and his Autobots were on earth. Whenever he felt that way reanna would always comfort him but after...an incident he felt like he couldn't have sunk deeper. After cliffjumper's death Optimus felt even worse and he wished his dear friend was with him right now to listen to him and comfort him like he had done for her.
After a few minutes Optimus closed the fiel and returns his data pad to his recharging room and decided to go for a long drive.

Optimus, where are you going, ratchet asked as he saw his friend about to exit the base.

Just for a drive ratchet, optimus replied, I need some fresh air.

Very well then, call me if you need me.

Optimus didn't answer but left.
Out on the open highway Optimus was at peace it was long drives like this wich gave him a sense of calm... after a difficult day.
Today however was quite pleasent., a bit too plesent. The quite road was a bit full not even an occasional car passed by. His thoughts started to wonder, how life was back on cybertron and life befor the war. How he could have stopped so many deaths from happening but failed to.
He shook these thoughts out of his processor and turned on the radio to a country song.
He didn't show much intrest most of the time to some earth culture but he did enjoy country music his favorite was alan Jackson and sometimes George Strait. Turning up the volum he listend to one of his favorite songs by alan Jackson

By the time he was half way through the song optimus had a flashback of when he was first introduced to country music.

(Flash back)

Optimus was on the open highway with reanna in the passenger seat looking out of the window letting her voluminus hair blow in the wind. Then she leaned back in the seat and sighed.

Is something wrong, Optimus asked her.

Don't you ever put your radio on, she asked him.

I have a couple of times but nothing realy intrest's me much.

Wow, she said with sarcasm, you know I think you would like some country music.

Reanna fidgeted with the radio for a minute befor finding the song she wanted and the calm notes of alan Jackson's song filled the air.

W-what is this, Optimus asked secretly enjoying the melody.

Alan Jackson, reanna replied, a great country musician. You should listen to him more often.

Optimus chuckled, perhaps I will.

(End of flashback )

Optimus remembered that moment very clearly it had been a weak since Optimus had be-friended reanna and every afternoon at two o clock he would pick her up from school and the two of them would go for a drive down the open highway. That day Optimus found his admiration for country music.

Reanna enjoyed country music herself, he thought to himself.
After another mile the surrounding area started to turn green and the first thing that same into sight was a green grassy hill with a cluster of trees to the side like a small forest. But if you were to go inside that small forest it would apear much bigger the prime knew because he had been in there many times himself with reanna.
He transformed into his bot mode and climbed up the hill. It had been weaks since he came back to this hill and his processor was filled with memories once again. Once he reached the top he could picture himself sitting at the edge of the hill with his young friend sitting next to him on a smooth rock or sometimes when the sky got dark early the two of them would lay down on their backs and gaze at the stars.
The prime stood at the place he did so many times before and looked up at the sky. It was getting dark soon and some stars were starting to come out.
Optimus looked up at the stars and closed his optics as a single tear ran down his face.

I miss you my friend, he said.