There was a brief silence before the King gestured to start the execution. The chief soldier shouted, and the soldiers pulled their bows in unison.

"Fire!" And they all released the arrow. Luan didn't close his eyes and just stared at the King. Suddenly, one of the soldiers ran towards Luan and spread their arms wide. The said soldier shielded the poor man from the arrows.

Everything happened so quickly, "ATASHA!" Luan yelled as he saw the Princess fell to the ground, arrows piercing her delicate body. Frantic, he approached the dying princess on his knees.

The King stood up from his seat with his eyes widened as he saw the only daughter that he has, bathing in her own blood.

"Why do you have to go this far? I am just a commoner," Luan asked as his voice cracked. 

Atasha, with her last strength, lifted her hand and wiped the tears from the young lad's eye. "It's because I love you, Luan." She smiled, the same selfless smiles Luan used to see growing up. "Please don't cry, my love. I don't want to see you—" She didn't finish her sentence as she slowly dropped her hand. The black-haired male watched his love die right in front of his eyes.

Luan, with tears in his eyes, pulled his hands apart, ripping the rope. He bent over and kissed the lips of the girl he love before standing up. "You killed her! You killed your own daughter!" Eyes filled with rage, he took a slow step, then quickened his pace and charged towards the King. 

Soldiers blocked his path right away, but he easily avoided them. He was able to grab one of the soldier's swords and swing it in every direction he could think of. He is not a skilled swordsman, but his anger allowed him to draw soldiers away from the King, who did not move an inch from his throne. 

All he could think about at the time was the Princess's smiles and how he would never see them again

Panting, He stood in front of the King, holding the sword. All of the soldiers are now on the ground as he knocked all of them using his own strength. 

As he was about to step forward, the chief soldier stabbed him from behind. Luan attempted to advance, but the chief soldier pushed the sword deeper into his chest, causing him to cough up blood.

With his gaze fixed on the King, he muttered. "You murderer, look me in the eyes."

The King's jaw clenched as he watched the young lad knelt on the ground. Luan slowly let go of the sword, looked up, and watched the blue sky slowly turn grey. He's asking the gods why they allowed this to happen. All they had done was fall in love... Why does it have to end this way?

As his breathing became rapid and shallow, He returned his gaze to the Princess. "Atasha," he muttered as he forced himself to stand.

The chief soldier was about to finish him off when the King motioned for him to stop. They all watched as he dragged his feet toward the dead body of the Princess. Shortly after, rain began to fall as if the sky is mourning for them.

He reached for the Princess' face, caressing her cold skin with his thumb. "I can't see my future  without you, my love. I will forever dwell in sorrow if I choose to continue this life. That's why wait for me, I'm coming with you, Atasha." Those were his last words before he lowered his head and took his last breath. He died on his knees, holding the hand of the girl he loves. The End.

Angel finished the book and looked at you slowly, curious about your reaction. When he saw you crying in silence, his eyes widened. "y/n?"

"Why is it so difficult to love when it's supposed to be happy?"