10

"But why you not at school?" I said looking at him through the phone.

"Bae. I'm off my ass, ian gone lie. And niggas been pissing me off all weekend." Traylyn said looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Traylyn." I said hanging up on him. I called Hakeem because he wasn't at school either.

"What's up?" Keem said groggily.

"Where you at?" I said getting straight to the point.

"Ian comin-" I hung up in his face and sat down on my phone. I decided to be to my self today.

I walked to first period and sat in the back. The teacher started talking about us having a project. I rolled my eyes knowing the only person I knew in the class was Tyree. I looked over at him and sucked my teeth.

"Yes. You may work alone but you will only get partial credit. This is Sociology, meaning you have to talk to people. Connect with them." She said answering another person's question. I got up and went to grab the project guidelines. I walked over to where Tyree was sitting.

Knowing I was going to regret this I started to make conversation but he cut all that short with one question.

"Why you blocked me Jariah?" He said looking at me.

"I told you we was done." I said looking down at the paper. He lifted my head.

"Nah, and I told you we wasn't. You know we together forever. Now stop playing." He said looking me dead in the eyes.

"I- We not together." I said letting one tear fall out my left eye. "I have a boyfriend and I love him."

"Yeah, and I'm him."

We went back and forth for about 5 minutes before I rolled my eyes. I got us back on topic for the project. It was a small project where we had to make a powerpoint about the different types of identification of disorders.

We finished in a day and as soon as we finished I went back to my seat. The bell rung and I walked straight to my next class period.

The day went by and I heard nothing from Keem or Tray. I waited after my lunch to see if he would pick me up but he didn't. I had to stay the whole school day.

Come outside to the car rider line.

A text from Keem said at 2:43. After school was let out. I wasn't about to ride the bus because that shit is ghetto as fuck.

I slugged out there and walked to his car. He unlocked the car door.

"What's up phat girl." He said watching me as I put my seatbelt in the buckle.

"Not today bro."

"Damn. I didn't even do nothing." He grabbing my arm. I pushed him away from me.

"Bro get out my face for real." I said to Keem, rolling my eyes.

"The fuck you acting like that for?" He said mugging me.

"Bruh Keem. Please stop talking to me." I said looking out the window.

"Aight, cause yo ass is tripping like fuck right now." He said driving off from the school.
______
He drove to his house but I didn't really want to be there so I started to walk home before he grabbed me and turned my big ass around.

"Get in the house Jariah." He said pushing to the way of the door.

"The fuck you mean? I don't want to be by you right now." I said mugging him.

"Stop cussing cause my mama in there. Just go in the house bruh." He said turning me around again.

"Keep yo fucking hands off me Hakeem."

"Why the fuck is you acting like I did something to you..." He said pushing me to the doorway once more. Only this time, I started walking. He walked behind me.

"Because ya'll been acting weird as fuck and I'm supposed to be his 'girlfriend' and your 'sister' but y'all not telling me nothing." I said walking in the house.

"Stop cussing bruh. I just told you my mama up there." He said pulling me into his room. "I want to tell you about this but its not my situation to tell. Like that Tray and Sadik business. I was just mad because he tried to get buck with me for backing up Tray."

"So you not gone tell me what happened?" I said looking at as I took a seat on his bed.

"I wish I could, but that's Tray business." He said making me roll my eyes.

"So take me over there."

He sucked his teeth. He went upstairs and I followed behind him.

"What's up ma." He said to his mother. She looked at the door and said hey to him.

"Hey mama." I said waving to her. She got up and gave me a hug.

"Hey Riahhh! I haven't seen you seen you in soo long boo." She said giving me a tight ass hug. I hugged her back.

"Alright ma, let her go. We finna go to the Trap real quick." He said. She rolled her eyes at him and let me go.

"Come back and see me Riah." She said as we walked away.

We got in the car and he drove to Traylyn's house. The car ride was silent.

"Tray open the door." Keem said knocking on the door when we got to Traylyn's house. He opened the door and when he saw me his face lit up but mine stayed the same.

"Hey baby!" He said pulling me into a hug. I partially hugged him back. He gave me a kiss on the lips before dapping Keem up.

"What's up man... we gotta talk." Keem said as
I pushed past them and went upstairs to his room. They followed behind me.

"What's wrong wit' you?" Traylyn said closing the room door behind them.

"Nothing... what's wrong with ya'll? We keeping secrets from each other now?" I said looking them both.

"What is you talking about 'keeping secrets'? Aint nobody keeping no secrets from you." Tray said trying to defend his point.