"I don't know, I've always been too scared." He admits.

The ride starts and we start moving upward. He grabs my hand quickly, holding my hand tightly.

I don't mind though.

I look up at the sky and see the stars light up the night sky and I admire it taking it all in.

There are not many times in your lifetime you get to sit up on a Ferris wheel in your 20s with your best friend looking up at the stars.

I don't want it to ever end. I glance at Warren to see him already looking at me.

There's something in his eye I can't quite read, and I've always been able to read what he's feeling. Well, most of the time.

We come to a sudden stop causing the Ferris wheel cart to rock slightly. He starts to panic thinking we're stuck but I assure him it's just more people getting on.

He calms down a bit. I sigh thankfully.

"Do you ever miss it? Being a kid I mean?" Warren asks me.

"Yes, besides the part of me getting bullied but I do miss a lot of things from it. The good stuff." I tell him honestly.

"Those kids were assholes." He says annoyed.

I scoff. "You're tellin me." I laugh.

"You are beautiful Linnea. I mean it. Those kids back then were just jealous of you, you didn't deserve any of it." He says with a serious look on his face along with something else. "Always calling you names, fucking idiots." he scoffs.

Something unrecognizable.

I don't even know what to say.

He clears his throat.

"Have you ever been in love?" He suddenly asks taking me by surprise.

I don't know how to answer his question. I know for a fact I did not love my ex. So I guess I haven't been in love before.

I wonder what it feels like.

If you get that rush when you see them.

Or that spark when you touch.

And the feeling of knowing you are safe with them no matter what, and they feel safe with you as well.

I want that.

All of it.

"No" I answer "I haven't."

I look at him as he nods slowly his Adam's apple bobbing.

"Have you ever been in love, Warren?" I repeat his question to him.

"No." He admits, quickly.

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. That's weird.

"Think you'll ever fall in love someday?" He looks up at the sky and then at me.