I laid my back on the chair, but my hold on Annabelle's waist didn't lessen. My free hand was holding a half-empty plastic cup of beer.

Obviously, we won the first game of the season. It was like playing with little kids. We had fun, I wasn't sure if the crowd felt the same, though.

Ninety-eight to twenty-one was the score, Stallions in the lead.

There was a tiny tinge of pity in me for them. But then I thought, if they wanted to win, they would've trained themselves harder. I didn't see their effort in anyway. We were really lucky to have Coach there to guide us. Even if he was strict, he never forgot to remind us that we were there for a reason. We were born to be in that court. No one can take away our will to play but us.

"Hey!" said Ethan loudly, calling everyone's attention.

We were in the kitchen of Ethan's house with the other players. Annabelle and her friends were there as well.

"Let's play 'I've Never,'" suggested Ethan excitedly. The others agreed. Well, a party's not a party if the 'I've Never' wasn't played. "I've never," he started, looking at everyone, "did it with a doll."

Trixie took a shot. We sneered.

"I've never been devoted to anyone," Trixie admitted, smiling seductively at boys around the kitchen table.

Luke took a shot.

Why didn't I take one, too? 'Cause I didn't feel that way for Annabelle. Being devoted was like being in love, which I hadn't experienced before in my whole life. Neither did Luke – as far as I know. That was why I turned to stare at him.

"I've never cheated on her before," said Luke with a somewhat sincere face.

Whoa! Hold up there, dude. Who was the 'her' he was referring to? My mind was deeply puzzled over this, while the others muttered, "Oooh."

Almost everyone took a shot, including Annabelle and Ethan. I curiously looked at Annabelle. But then, I got distracted when I heard Ethan whisper to Luke.

"Dude, it's supposed to be in general," he said.

I put two and two together. Ethan knew who the mysterious girl was. 'Cause if he didn't, he wouldn't have noticed the 'her' in Luke's statement.

So Ethan knew. Why the hell didn't Luke tell me? And the only reason that kept coming to me was that the girl was Dakota. Otherwise, he wouldn't have any other reason why he wouldn't tell me. He must have thought that I'd get mad at him or something since I get too protective of her sometimes. Damn, I was acting like a girl by over thinking this.

All of a sudden, Mark – one of the reserve players – came inside the kitchen and walked up to Ethan.

"Dude, there's a brawl outside by the pool," Mark informed Ethan seriously before burping. He paused to look at us. Then, he grinned and exclaimed, "It's freaking awesome!!!"

It resulted to a sudden outburst from the people in the room. They rapidly went outside to witness the fight. The only people who didn't follow were Luke, Annabelle, and me.

Bzzzzzz. Bzzzzzz.

I felt a vibration beside me. It must be from a cell phone. Proving that I was right, Luke took out his phone. He casually looked at me.

"Hey," he said, still glancing at the text he received. "I gotta bounce. Later, man," he added to me, and nodded to Annabelle. After that, he left.

I watched him go.

"I didn't cheat on you, okay?" muttered Annabelle.

"I know," I replied, my eyes on Luke as he swung the kitchen door open. He looked as though he was in a hurry to meet up with someone. Would it be with the mysterious girl? What if the girl really was Dakota?