Shirogane Noel--Maid For You

– What the fuck am I doing here? –

You are standing in front of your packaged uniform, which is quite unusual in the context of work attire—more specifically, it resembles a maid dress. Although you are beginning to have second thoughts about everything, your new job is indeed a maid café. You initially applied for this job because you urgently needed some extra money, not really thinking about what it would entail. You noticed something else next to the uniform, and as soon as you saw it, a new wave of dread swept over you.

A decorative collar in vivid red with a gleaming silver bell.

You immediately heard a knock on the door of the changing room and assumed it was probably one of the staff. "Are you alright in there?" You quickly collect yourself and reply with pretended composure. "Yes, I'll be out in a minute!"

You sigh and quickly put on the maid outfit, fumbling a little before adding the collar. After putting on the uniform, you step out of the room. The first thing you see is another employee wearing a similar maid outfit, albeit without a bell around her neck. She smiles at you, and you can feel the sweat rolling down the back of your neck.

You smile awkwardly and return the expression, hoping you don't look too much like a deer in headlights. But the other employee seems unperturbed, and after a moment, you hear someone call out, "Order up!" Another employee is seen setting out a single cup of coffee on the counter with the note "Table 3" written on it. You nervously pick up the cup and carry it to the necessary location. When you arrive at the designated table, you see a lone woman with silver hair and brilliant emerald eyes. Before placing the cup of coffee on the table with care, you find yourself pausing to stare for a while.

"H-here you go, Master."

Although you stutter as you speak, the woman smiles and thanks you despite your internal cringe. Your cheeks turn a slight shade of pink as a result of her smile, which exudes a nurturing and kind energy. You continued with your tasks without noticing a particular set of eyes watching you from a distance. One of the other maids pulls you aside for a moment just as you are about finished with all of your tasks.

"I just wanted to let you know that a client has requested to take pictures with you." She nods in the direction of the photo booth area. The café also provides this service for a small charge. Hearing this comes as a big surprise to you because it wasn't what you were anticipating. You don't stand out as much as the other maids in terms of looks or acting, so you are perplexed as to who could have asked for you specifically.

You can't help but feel anxious as you make your way down the hall to the photo booth area, as you are concerned that you may fall short of the client's expectations. You notice the woman from earlier standing there as you walk into the photo booth. She sees you standing in the doorway and comes over to say hello while maintaining her gentle smile. As she greets you, her voice has a comforting quality.

"Hello, you can call me Noel." She gives a little bow of respect, and you reciprocate the gesture.

"My name is Y/N. And... Thank you for asking for me. I hope you enjoy your time here at Cure Maid Café." You look down in trepidation while grinning politely.

The woman lightly chuckles. "Don't worry, it's my pleasure." You cast an eye over her attire. She is dressed in a skirt, a knit sweater in a cream color, and a cute brown handbag on top of everything else. She exudes comfort in every way.

"It's nice to meet you, Y/N." She pauses for a few seconds before continuing. "May I ask why you can't seem to keep eye contact with me?" She looks amused.

"Oh well..." you say, feeling embarrassed for reasons unknown.

She giggles a bit. "I'm just teasing."

The two of you enter the photo booth machine after approaching it together. As the camera takes pictures, you awkwardly stand next to the girl; after that, a screen with an editing tool appears before the photos can be printed. You watch as she eventually gives you both some adorable cat ears and whiskers, and then the pictures are printed. You yawn briefly before you can stop yourself. Due to your anxiety regarding your first day at this place, you didn't get much sleep the previous night.

She gives you a worried expression before appearing to have an idea. She pats her lap.

"Here."

You give her a perplexed look before you understand what she's getting at. She wants you to use her lap as a pillow. As you mull over what to do, your face turns red. You decide to comply because you most certainly are not opposed to this.

"O...okay..."

As you rest your head on her lap, you find it difficult to relax. "There's no need to be so tense. It's only me here." As if reading your mind, she adds, "No one's going to see you like this."

You continue to lie there as she gently strokes your shoulder blades. You feel as though you are being hugged by a strange sense of tranquility. You see Noel take out her phone and snap a photo of you in your defenseless position.

"How adorable~" The remainder of the session is spent with her continuing to stroke your head. Your face starts to feel a little hotter once more as she stands and smiles softly.

Before leaving the photo booth, she pats your shoulder once more and says, "Please take care of yourself." You struggle to keep from blushing once more as you sit up on your knees. You are positive, though, that your cheeks are already covered in crimson. With the hope that Noel will come back at some point, you rub them and leave the photo booth.

Perhaps you won't hate this job after all.