I'm not even sure if she would want me back after either so I'm just going to put it on the back burner for now.

I look up to see Warren leading against the island on his phone. "Have you talked to Linnea recently?"

"She told me she needed time so I'm just kind of waiting I guess." He grabs a glass out of the cupboard and fills it up with water.

"What are you even going to say to her when you guys talk?" I ask.

"Honestly? I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready to tell her about my mom. I'm surprised she hasn't found out about it now considering how close they were before we moved to college." He tells me.

I hum.

He's told me about the incident with his mom and everything about 2 years ago after their fight.

Flashback

"Ever think I don't need to tell you every detail of my life Linnea?" I hear Warren raise his voice from the other room.

This is getting a bit out of hand I must say. I've only known this dude for a little bit but I'm about to waltz in there and tell him to chill the fuck out.

But then again the girl is screaming too.

Very heated, maybe they'll fuck it out.

Angry sex style.

I honestly don't even know why they are Fighting.

They've been best friends since childhood and I only know that he never shuts up about her in the few weeks we've known each other.

"I know that Reid, I just don't like when we keep secrets that are causing us to drift apart." I hear her say, sounding exhausted.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I'm sorry I just can't do it LiLee." His voice begins to break.

I go into the bathroom and hop in the shower trying not to invade their privacy more than I already have.

Once I get out of the shower I hear another voice yelling through the house which makes me quickly get dressed and run downstairs.

I see Warren crying. Like actually crying, I've never seen him cry before.

Well, again I've only known him a few weeks.

I don't say a word, I just pull him into a hug.

"My- My mom" He croaks out.

"What bud?" I have a question.

"She's dead. My mom is dead. I can't take it anymore. I couldn't drag Linnea in my sad horrible misery all the time. Now I've lost her. For good." He cries into my shoulder.

"She's never going to want to talk to me again, not ever Dayton. Oh god. What have I done?" He says looking into my eyes. His eyes are red.

"Hey hey relax man, it's okay. You hear me? It's okay "I rub his back when confronting him.

"Breath" I remind him as his breathing slows.