Gay Princes II ^

Warrens Castle Soft Scene- Warren POV-

________________________________

   The sounds of the day had calmed and gave way to the night owls and the crickets.

They had talked for hours upon hours, walking through the gardens and skipping stones in the stream by the stables.

Now, they sat on Warren's bed, opposite each other, still conversing about everything from their pets to their preference in royal fabrics.

They were sitting close together, their legs crisscrossed underneath the covers. It was a chilly night and Warren left the window open for some fresh air. He was talking about his hair routine and how sometimes he just wanted to chop it all off.

"Please do not. I might have to pretend I don't know you if you do that," Maki chuckled.

Warren made a pretend mad face,

"Oh, really? Maybe I'll just have to do it then," He shoved a pillow in Maki's face, who swatted it away. The pillow landed on the floor and the two were left giggling at each other.

Maki took Warren's hands in his,

"I'm only kidding."

Warren stared at the place where their hands met for what felt like a long while.

Maki let go and flopped onto his back, his arms behind his head,

"You have a real comfy bed, y'know."

Warren layed next to him on his side, watching him. The way the light from the oil lamp danced through his eyelashes, the way his neck dipped before his shoulders, the arch of his lips.

Maki turned to him, scoffing,

"What is it?"

Warren acted surprised,

"Nothing, what do you mean?"

"Well either it's something, or you have to quit looking at me like that because I'll fall in love with you if you don't."
"Oh? Maybe it is something then."

"Really?"

"Mhm."

"Care to tell me?"

"I'll write you a letter."

Maki laughed,

"You are unbelievable," He went back to watching the ceiling.

A cold breeze blew through the room and Warren shivered. Maki turned to him, pulling the covers up and holding them open. He gestured to him,

"C'mere."

Warren hesitated a moment before gladly crawling into Maki's arms. He rested his head in the space underneath his chin—right above his heart—and wrapped his arms around him.

Maki pulled the thick comforter over the both of them and put his arms around Warren.

Warren was tense, but Maki carded his hand through his hair and rubbed circles into his back until he relaxed. Warren softly kissed the exposed skin of Maki's neck,

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"Just—thank you."

"Of course, love."