chapter 15

"Look there."

"Huh?"

Chung Myung pointed to the central area and spoke.

While Jo Gul was taking his place, the disciples of the Southern Edge Sect came and retrieved the fallen Gong-Jin.

"What do you think of the Southern Edge sect?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are they strong? Weak?"

"Obviously, they're strong."

Chung Myung stared wide-eyed at Yoon Jong and asked.

"Then Sahyung defeated such a strong foe?"

"D-Don't say that. It just happened; what do I know?"

Chung Myung shook her head and giggled.
Which made him flustered.

"Strong. Right, strong. He's strong for his age, but he's weak too."

"... what does that mean?"

"Because he learned so much more than what he should have been taught at that age."

"Isn't it good to learn a lot and get used to it?"

"Sahyung."

Chung Myung reached out and drew the shape of a tower.

"Martial arts are like a tower. How tall you can build a tower depends on how strong the bottom floor and the foundation are."

"... right."

"But those people started building the second floor before the first was finished, then they added a third on top of the incomplete second as well. They're adding weight to the first floor and building taller without strengthening the foundation first."

"..."

"What do you think will happen if those kids collide with someone who perfectly developed their tower's ground floor?"

"They'll collapse."

"That's right."

Chung Myung said,

"All I did was clear away the wood on the first floor Sahyung's were building and reforged the foundation. It's difficult to build, but it won't crumble easily once built."

"... I don't understand. Did that training have such meaning?"

"What are the basics of martial arts?"

"Uh?"

Chung Myung's face grew serious.

"There is one fundamental basic: to use the body to strike down the opponent perfectly. The stem forms from that one root, and then the branches proliferate. I just had Sahyungs focus on developing the roots."

"Hmm."

"See."

Chung Myung pointed to Jo Gul. Jo Gul was facing off against the Southern Edge disciple that just came out.

"An unshakeable lower body, clean swordsmanship, and the eyesight to carefully observe everything happening. And above all...."

Jo Gul's sword pushes the opponent's sword and delivers a blow.

"Concentration capable of bringing out all of the body's power at once."

Puak!

Chung Myung smiled.

The disciple of the Southern Edge Sect collapsed, and Jo Gul looked at his opponent with a puzzled expression. He turned his head, unable to believe what he had done.