chapter 7

at the jin empire with the jin family.
in the dinning room..

"father please! let me go the hua mount to talk to them!"

the eldest spoke to his father.
while the other two agreed.

"please father i think its best if at least one of us goes!"

the second son said while looking at his father.
his father sighed and looked to his wife who was eating peacefully.

" Jin Qiang  as much as i want to send you there i think its best to give your sister some space and Jin Genghis you better tell that to your trainers! i heard you have been slacking off on your training."

the second son paled at what his father said.
while the eldest looked as if he was pouting.
their mother sighed.

"you three have to trust your sister but i have heard that every year they fight with another sect so when that day comes you all are allowed to do whatever you want when we visit them"

the father paled at what his wife said.
he  then turned to his sons.
the youngest smiled as if he was innocent! 
the second was frowning.
the eldest was eating his food and look as if he was deep in thought.
the emperor prayed for his daughter safety.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

meanwhile.

"Hmmm!"

Ki Mok-Seung stared at the food in front of him with an agitated expression.

Holding his chopsticks, he eventually set them down, unable to eat.

The disciples who were there stole furtive glances at him.

"Is the food not to your liking?"

"Hmm."

"It isn't that the food is poor; I just don't feel well."

"You don't feel well? If the disciples have done anything wrong, please punish us."

"It isn't your fault."

Ki Mok-Seung gently pushed the table away with an irritated face.

"There's a man I never wanted to see, and someone sharing the same name as him is currently running around."

The second-class disciple, Lee Song-Baek, asked.

"Are you talking about the Mount Hua disciple?"

"Khum!"

Ki Mok-Seung didn't answer, but everyone knew what this uncomfortable cough meant.

"Elder. I don't quite understand. What could one small child even do...?"

"Whether or not he's a child isn't the problem."

"Then..."

"It's a problem that he is a child from Mount Hua."

The disciples didn't seem to understand.

What did it mean that a child from Mount Hua is the problem?

They could never comprehend why their superiors held such hostility for Mount Hua.

"Didn't your sister tell you? Our two sects cannot live under the same sky."

Ki Mok-Seung was different from these disciples.

He grew up listening to countless stories of Mount Hua. How much Mount Hua had made the Southern Edge Sect suffer, and how they arduously struggled to survive while Mount Hua was thriving.

"It's disgusting enough that Mount Hua's disciple dared to confidently stroll into Xian, but he even shares the same name as the Plum Blossom Sword Saint, which I hate the most!"

"..."

The disciples exchanged glances between themselves.

'So, it's because of that.'

'The Plum Blossom Sword Saint died over 100 years ago, but he's still spoken of here.'

'Mount Hua's disciples don't even seem to remember the name of the Plum Blossom Sword Saint, but it seems like we hear his name more than our own ancestors.'