chapter 14

The day of the Mount Hua-Southern Edge Sect conference had finally dawned.
Chung myung who for once felt free.
Her chest that was usually held by bandages was finally free.
As she walked she saw Hyun Jong who was quietly looking at the second and third-class disciples lined up in front of him.
She knew he was worried but she was ready to surprise the elders!
As she walked to the disciples she felt eyes upon her...
She turned to see the female disciples smiling at her and giving thumbs up to her..

'Was it because of my clothing?'

She shook her head at the thought of it and walked away...

Seeing the hardened and stiff expressions on the faces of these children, Hyun Jong felt his heart clench. Even the children lined up in front of him understood the weight of their burden at this conference.

Hyun Jong felt as if his heart would break.

He wasn't sure when things had changed, but this burden should originally have been shouldered by the elders and the sect leader. However, at some time after the initiation of this conference, the responsibility of proving the sect's worth and defending its honor passed onto the sect's young disciples.

Hyun Jong believed that even the second-class disciples were too young to carry this duty.

Not to mention the third-class disciples.

Still, he felt infinitely grateful to the children who withheld all complaints and stepped forward despite their worries.

"Sect Leader."

Hyun Young recognized the anxious atmosphere, and Hyun Jong slightly raised his head.

The sect leader had fallen into sentimental thoughts and left the children standing in silence for too long.

Hyun Jong coughed to ease himself out of his emotional thoughts and spoke with a soft voice.

"Everyone seems nervous."

Hyun Jong looked at the children and shook his head.

"You don't have to be so stiff. It doesn't matter whether we win or lose. All you must do is use this as an opportunity to learn and grow."

Hyun Jong made eye contact with everyone as he spoke with determination.

"No matter what the outcome may be, you are all the proud disciples of Mount Hua. All you need to do is remember that fact."

It was crudely spoken.

It was a speech that didn't rouse their morale or seek to inspire the students to defeat their opponents and bring glory to Mount Hua.

But those words eased the disciples' tense minds, and their expressions began to soften.

Hyun Jong nodded when he saw that everyone had begun to relax.

"I will keep watching over you. So go."

With that, Hyun Jong turned and walked away; Hyun Young quickly followed after him.

"You won't go with them?"

"No matter how difficult this conference may be, there is no need for those who will watch and those who will fight to arrive together. The children must also have things to say between themselves. Let them have their time together."

"Yes, sect leader."

Hyun Young signaled to the other elders and Un disciples before they quickly followed Hyun Jong.

As the second-class and third-class disciples sighed, one person stepped forward.

Baek Cheon.

He stood in front of everyone with a determined face.