chapter 8

The general wouldn't last much longer...

No, actually, he was lasting a lot longer than expected.

Lee Song-Baek, who had confidently jumped into the fight, had been fighting desperately for more than an hour to take him down.

He didn't know whether it was a tense battle that made the others sweat, but it sure made Chung Myung yawn.

'I thought he'd take him down right away. Should I have just done it myself?'

However, watching Lee Song-Baek sweating so profusely, Chung Myung couldn't bring himself to say it out loud.

In the meantime, the tired hero was smiling triumphantly as if he was proud of himself despite taking an hour to defeat the general.

'Wipe off your sweat at least....'

"Huh, the man.. kuak... the man... took him down."

Hwang Jongi nodded, looking at Lee Song-Baek, who was trembling in exhaustion and spoke.

Seeing his trembling legs and ragged breathing, Hwang Jongi felt pity and couldn't stay angry at him.

"You've worked hard. The Eunha Merchant guild will never forget this help."

"Tha-thank you... thank you."

"Get some rest."

Worried that Lee Song-Bael would collapse, Hwang Jongi excused him, and he dropped down and sat without even answering.

Normally, Hwang Jongi wouldn't have felt much gratitude for Lee Song-Baek after all that occurred. But seeing his feeble appearance, which gave everything to subdue the enemy, he let himself forget the bad deed he did in the morning.

Hwang Jongi glanced at Chung Myung.

'I don't know what to say about this situation.'

Has it really only been two days since Chung Myung appeared here?

Yet, she solved the problem, which persisted for over a year in just these two days.

'Was this a problem which could be solved so easily?'

No way.

Hwang Jongi knew it.

Everything in life seems simple in hindsight. If this was such a simple scenario from the beginning, why hadn't a single one of the world's experts been able to solve the issue?

'It's as if an old expert resides within that little child.'

But that was impossible.

"I think it's almost resolved now."

"Why did the general head target my father?"

"I don't know."

"Didn't you do this because you had some guess at the reason why?"

"No, I didn't."

"...."

Hwang Jongi was dazed.

Chung Myung calmly spoke as if she guessed what Hwang Jongi was thinking.

"It's the government's job to make him reveal the reason. My job is just to solve the problem and receive the reward. Speaking of which, you do have the reward prepared, right?"

Normally, no matter how hard one worked, they wouldn't so brazenly ask for compensation. Humans value their pride.

However, Chung Myung didn't have any pride to take care of.