Chapter 37- Content

Start from the beginning

I throw my hands out exasperatedly and Hermione has a comforting yet mischievous smile on her lips. "I wonder why," she says with a 'I know what you don't' twang to her words. But I know more than she thinks I do. "So, nothing, then? No intense passionate make-out sessions? No extra close cuddling, or anything?"

At that I stiffen, and I pray Hermione doesn't notice but she does. She smirks at me, and I can see victory written all over her face.

"Well . . . there was this one time." I mentally curse myself for bringing it up as I can already feel my body light on fire in embarrassment. "Dennis played a prank on me which resulted in me chasing Draco. I don't know what it was but when I was chasing him like that, all that was going through my mind was catching him and indulging in my prize." 

I hope that's enough for Hermione to go off of, but she waits patiently for details. I sigh and rub my face, hoping to buy myself a little more time. "We shared . . . a moment in an empty classroom. And I . . . sucked him off."

The last part is more of a mumble, but Hermione catches it nonetheless and claps excitedly. But then she seems to catch herself as she coughs into her hand awkwardly. All I can do is watch her as shame digs a hole in my stomach. 

"Well, that's great Harry!" And then she falls into her usual mood of talking endlessly about facts and things. "I've actually read about this scenario before. It's called 'The chase.' Basically, when one's mate-" for some reason the word makes my heart stutter, "initiates 'The Chase,' it invokes an urge in the more dominant party. The dominant acts as a predator whereas their mate is the prey. During the run, the dominant will receive urges to prove to the submissive party that they are worthy of taking their mate. And if they succeed in catching their mate then that essentially means that they've proved their dominance over their submissive which, in return, invokes a sense of extreme desire on both ends. It's almost guaranteed that the result will be intimacy."

Hermione states matter-of-factly but then she must realize she's said too much, and she appears to draw into herself.

"That's great, 'Mione. But what's that got to do with, Draco?"

She clears her throat and stands up quickly. She brushes off her skirt- as if merely sitting tarnished the fabric- and heads for the portrait hole. 

"Sorry, Harry but I'm sure Draco is waiting on me. Talk to you later, all right?" She slips through the portrait, and I slump in my seat as I ponder over my unanswered questions. 

~~~~~

Draco's P.O.V

A pang of immense pain rocks through my body and I wake up with a disgruntled groan. Harry's not here anymore and I silently thank Salazar that he's not. 

I release myself to my true form and I sigh as the aching in my tail goes away. It's extremely difficult to keep my human form during heats. Not only that, but I'm not sure I would've been able to suppress my siren side from taking over and practically begging Harry to fuck me again.

I cover my warm face in my hands as I remember how embarrassing that was. 

How Harry knew that I wasn't ready for that yet, was beyond me. But I'm thankful that he did. 

Then I'm sliding around in the pond as I attempt to hide myself as the doors open. Just as a figure comes into view, I let out a vicious hiss at my safe space being soiled by another occupant.

But then I'm apologizing as a flustered Hermione comes into view.

"Oh hush, dear Dray." She says as she makes her way to the lip of the pond. Then she holds up a misty grey and orange potion and my eyes widen in excitement and relief.