:The Werewolf On My Doorstep:11: Too Much Too Soon (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

“You really don't know?” Everyone knows what Twilight is, don't they? Even if they don't like it they know what it is. Hell, my dad knows what Twilight is. Shawn made both of us sit down and watch it before Dad kicked him out of the house, on the rare occasion that my father was ever home.

He shakes his head, the smile falling off his lips as I continue to watch him in shocked silence. “Should I?”

“Well, yea. Everyone knows what Twilight is, I'd have thought you would have. Its not a big deal, its just weird that you haven't. If my brother heard someone didn't know what Twilight is, he'd have a cow and then he'd make you read the books and watch the movies.” How weird is it that my brother is the one obsessed with the series? Don't get me wrong, I like the books, but the movies? Not so much. “You know if you want I think Shawn left the movies here when Dad kicked him out, if you want we could watch them sometime?” Shawn had left the movies, hoping, in his words, that I would come to my senses and love them like every other teenage girl my age. Hasn't happened yet and I doubt it ever will.

He blinks over at me, momentarily taking his eyes off the road as he steers the car around a turn. “You mean you still want me around?” He looks as though its the last thing he'd ever expected me to say and I can't help but laugh. Had he honestly though I would tell him to leave? Maybe, its the alcohol, or maybe I've just gone insane, but telling him to leave is the last thing I want to do. No matter how increasingly fast my jumbled emotions for him have formed.

“Of course, you said we were gonna get to know each other, right? We can't really do that if you leave.” Yep, I've definitely gone insane. Everything he's told me should matter more to me, shouldn't it? I don't think I should feel so comfortable, so safe around him. There should be at least a twinge of fear in me when he's near, shouldn't there?

“I yes, I did, I just doubted you would still want me around after today and what you know now.” What I know now isn't that bad, I guess. Of course, that could quite possibly be because I don't really understand what he means, or product of how much I drank tonight. Because I really just don't care.

“Look, it might be because of how much I drank, or because I don't really get it, but I don't-it doesn't bother me as much as it probably should. I don't know, maybe you should explain this to me?” Maybe if he explained this to me so more I'd feel differently? Maybe if I knew more about this I'd be telling him to stay the hell away from me. That is what I should be doing, right? I should be telling him to leave me the hell along, instead of loving the idea that he supposedly cares about me. Shouldn't I?

“What would you like to know?” He asks, apprehensively, his grip on the steering wheel tightening till it looks borderline painful. What did I want to know? Everything. I want to know everything, I just don't know if I want to ask. “Arianna?”

Here goes nothing. “Everything. What do you mean? You say I'm your... mate, what does that mean? And those guys, how would they have known I was lying for you? Why would they use me to find you?” My stomach lurches as we round another turn, palms starting to sweat and I swear my heart is about to beat right out of my chest.

“It means you were made for me.” My eyes widen and he pales at the look on my face. What the hell? He clears his throat, “Forgive me, I do not quite know how to explain this without frightening you. You are mine, Arianna. You are everything I could ever wish for and before you say it, I know we do not know one another well, but we will have time to remedy that. You want me to explain how a mating works, but I cannot. I cannot tell you how it happens, because no one knows, we only know that it does. I wish I could explain this to you, I really do, I just do not know how I possibly can.”

“You say I'm yours, do I not get a choice in this?” I'm his? Like a freaking piece of property? I don't belong to anybody, especially not him. I mean, what the hell!? You don't just go up to a person and say 'your mine!' It doesn't work that way.

“Of course you do! Arianna, I would never force you into this, if you do not want this I will leave. It would be best if I leave now, though, so your emotions do not get to tangled up into this.” The defeat in his eyes stops me cold when I go to agree with him. Calling the looks on his face simply heartbreak would be wrong, because it looks like so much more and I can't understand it. I just can't understand it.

He doesn't know me, he doesn't have a claim over me. He barely knows anything about me, so why does he look like he had so much invested in this? Its not supposed to be emotional, none of this was supposed to be emotional. It was only supposed to be me helping a man that was dying, that's all. Feelings of this magnitude were never supposed to be involved!

“I didn't say that, I just-I don't know what I meant, okay? For god's sake, I don't know you!” He flinches at the volume of my voice. “I don't know you and you're telling me I'm yours. You're talking like I'm a piece of property and not a human being. How do you expect me to react to that? If I had any sense at all I would have told you to leave as soon as you told me what you are, but no. Here we are and I don't know what to do. I don't know how I'm supposed to react, but I sure as hell know it should be someway other than how I am now.”

The car rolls to a stop in my driveway silently, no words are spoken as we get out of the car and walk to the house. Not even my dad has anything to say as I walk past him up the stairs to my room, ignoring the angry murmurs behind me as I go.

None of this should be happening. Werewolves are not supposed to be real. Being a mate to a Werewolf shouldn't be possible. But it is and its happening to me. Isn't that just terrific? How am I supposed to be reacting to this? Am I supposed to freak out? Scream? Faint? Someone tell me what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, because I have no freaking idea.

Is the way I am reacting to this normal? Should I not care at all that he's something other than human? Should the fact that he almost killed one of my closest friends not matter to me? Because I think it should. I think I should give a damn about everything he's said and done since he woke up, but I just don't.

Am I supposed to care that every things happening to quickly? That in a matter of not even two days he's woven his way into my heart, as corny as it sounds, should I not care? The very thought of him going off alone to find the people that almost killed him makes me ill. It makes me want to scream and rage and force to him stay with me no matter what.

I feel as though he's rewriting every thought in my head, like soon I'll be consumed with only thoughts of him. And its almost that way now. How is that possible? How is it that in only two days he's got me as flustered as it'd taken my last boyfriend two years to get me? How did all of this happen so fast?

A loud knock on my door pulls me from my thoughts as Xavier hesitates in the doorway. “I was hoping we could talk before I departed.”

Like it? Hate it? Comment and Vote.

I've got part two wrote out, but it will not be out for a couple of days. Just because I'm mean. If anyone is confused about anything please say so and I'll explain it, unless I'm confused about it as well cause then I'm screwed. Other than that please tell me what you guys think! I love all of your comments.