The team gets Rafferty locked up more securely in the Raft, making sure to do full and entire security checks on people and location to prevent another breakout. After that, the next few weeks is wedding planning, mission planning, and getting some tests done on James to see what's going on with the serum.
Emma and I take James to see Bruce, who does a full work up on him to see where his abilities lie. It's only April and James is already able to lift his head some, babble to the point of almost talking and rolling around on the floor.
"There's a chance he might start trying to crawl soon. It seems that the serum is speeding up his development some, but not in such a way that his brain or body is getting ahead of his nervous system. Just keep working with him the way you normally do and encourage him, and he should be fine. If you notice anything completely new or uncommon in a baby his age, then I would worry."
"Well wait, like what," I ask.
"Well if he starts forming broken sentences in the next few months or is growing too quickly to the point he is in really painful growth spurts. Just keep following his pediatrician's growth and development plan to keep track of where he is," Bruce says and pats James' head, who giggles at him happily.
"He's gonna be okay, he's a good strong and growing kid," I smile and tickle him gently. Emma still does not look entirely sure but she nods anyways and smiles.
We go back to the room and lay James down for a nap, grab the monitor and then head back down to work on some wedding stuff. Today she is determined to find the wedding party outfits, and so far it has not been going well.
"Do we really have to do bow ties Emma...?"
"Ugh...no. I think the men will all would look handsome in just nice white button up shirts and black vests, have the sleeves neatly rolled up to the elbows, black tux pants and dress shoes."
"That's not a bad idea, sort of goes with the laid back theme at Alpine. What about mine and James'?"
"I think you'd look nice with a light gray button up and black vest instead, make you stand out a tad more," she says and finds a picture that she likes of her idea.
"Sounds great. What you going to do about the bridesmaids?"
"I don't know...I'm thinking light gray lace dresses that are more like low thigh cocktail dresses. Something they can move in and looks pretty. I don't want them to hate being in them."
"I get you baby doll. Go for it, I think it'll be perfect. Oh by the way, I went to go pay the deposit on everything that we've selected for the venue, the seating, food, flowers, all that...and the coordinator said someone took care of everything already."
"Wait what? You're kidding right?"
"No, coordinator said someone paid for everything, even the deposit and costs on whatever outfits are chosen. Said the anonymous person said to tell us 'to enjoy wedding and the good liquor is coming if there's an open bar,'" I say and shrug as Emma stands there dumbfounded by what I said.
Emma looks at me confused and thinks for a minute, then looks up at me in shock.
"I need to find Thor," she says and scoots her chair back and runs off. I follow quickly as she hurries to the gym and finds Thor working out.
"I need you to get ahold of Valkyrie for me," Emma says to him. Thor drops the barbell and stands there confused.
"Why?"
"I think Valkyrie just paid for the whole wedding," she says stuttering. Thor laughs, holding his stomach.
"You knew! You told her about everything and wherever we've been getting things done!?"
"She wanted to help you guys, she is going to be coming to the wedding anyway and wanted to extend a hand to one of her best fighting ladies," Thor chuckles and hugs Emma.
"I can't believe she'd do that for us," Emma says as we walk away, letting Thor get back to his workout.
"I'll see if we can get ahold of her this week and send her a huge thank you gift of some kind," I say and rub her shoulder.
"We have good friends," she says and hugs my waist as we walk.
"We have the best friends, baby doll," I smile. We get the outfits all picked out and ready to fix we will all just have to go to our fitting appointments next week.
"Hey Bucky?"
"Yes doll?"
"I love you," Emma says smiling.
"I love you, but what's the grin for?"
"We are all done with the wedding planning. All we have to do is get fitted and we are done, about two months ahead of schedule."
"Well we are having a pretty small and conservative wedding," I chuckle and hold her to me. I haven't been able to stop smiling lately, everything getting so close to us finally having our family come together officially.
"Wait...you got your dress picked out right?"
"Yes Bucky I did," Emma giggles softly and gets on her tiptoes to kiss me happily.
Emma spends the next few hours fawning over James, watching him carefully for any sign of anything that might be going on with James and the serum.
He is really smart and developing quickly, but not as fast as Emma seems to be worried about. There's no broken sentences or walking, he's just barely figuring out rolling and barely starting to crawl.
"Emma I don't think we have anything to worry about. He was ready to be born in 7 months, so I think it's safe to say he is always going to be about 2 months ahead of most kids his age. That's not too bad of a leap. Like Bruce said, we just have to watch, but not like a hawk, doll."
"I know I just...I don't want him to grow up too fast."
"Isn't that the universal parenting fear," I chuckle softly and hold her.
"Yeah but this is a little different. That serum scares me," Emma says.
"I know but all we can really do right now is wait and see."
Emma lays James down for a nap with a bottle and we plop down on the couch together, just watching TV. Emma is absentmindedly playing with a loose string on my pants as we sit there, brushing my leg with her fingertips as she does. I start to rub her arm and kiss her temple, letting my kiss drift to her ear slowly. I find her earlobe and nibble softly before I start to suck on it softly.
Emma moans out gently and moves her neck so that I have better access to it. I smile and lean over her a little, kissing and biting her neck eagerly as I hold her against me. She holds onto my shirt as she gasps eagerly and lets me lay her on the couch, biting and kissing my way down her shoulder to her chest through her clothes. She pulls my shirt off of me and pulls me down to kiss her, her tongue finding it's way into my mouth as I unbutton her shirt. She's wearing that black lace bra I love so much and I palm her breasts and grope her slowly.
"Mmmm, feeling handsy Sergeant?"
"Always with you," I smile and kiss her harder as I push the straps off her shoulders with her shirt. I pinch her nipples through the bra cups gently and she lets out an eager moan. Hers are so sensitive all the time, and it is so hot to see her lose herself to it. I bite my lip and kiss her more as I pull her on top of me as I lay back on the couch. I forgot she's wearing a skirt and it sits around her waist as I hold her in my lap, my hard-on nestled right on her wet panties. Emma leans over me as I grope her and I pull one of her nipples into my mouth. Her moans get me going more and she starts to grind in my lap against me. She is moaning my name and biting her lip as I let her use me, feeling her just getting wetter and wetter.
I groan and finally undo my jeans, not able to handle the feeling of the zipper anymore. I keep it in my underwear though as I just let Emma keep grinding on me. She's so fucking wet and it is so fucking hot. I keep kissing and sucking and biting her nipples as she goes, feeling her pace pick up. I grab her ass and help her as she kisses me eagerly.
"Ohh God, Bucky," she moans softly between kisses.
"You like that baby? You gonna come for me," I groan in her ear and bite her gently. She is quivering on top of me as I move her. She sits up and starts to grind even more and I feel myself losing it too as she rides me. She is leaned back a little as she moves her amazing hips and ass in my lap.
"Ohhhh fuck, Emma you're gonna make me come in my pants," I groan and sit up, biting her neck as she keeps going. I keep sucking on one of her nipples as we start to move together and Emma clenches around me. I reach between us and rub her swollen clit through her soaked panties for her, moving fast but not hard as I go.
"Come on baby doll, I know you're close. Quit fighting me," I growl and she whimpers out in pleasure. We both pick up the pace of her grinding and me rubbing her clit and she's losing the fight. She cries out and opens her mouth to scream during her orgasm but I clamp my hand over her mouth and push my cock into her panties as she comes, making me come in the process. We both feel a hot sticky mess between us as we ride our high and keep moving through it. Emma looks like she's in pleasured tears as I hold her onto me.
"Fucking hell," she moans and rests her head on my shoulder.
"Are we a hot mess or what," I chuckle softly as I rub her body slowly. She's starting to relax now and I pick her up and take her into the bathroom to get cleaned up.
"You okay," she asks softly as I dote on her.
"Yeah why you ask doll?"
"Just asking," she says and smiles softly as I strip us of our clothes and get us in the shower. I get us both washed up and dressed. The rest of the day is just relaxing and us anticipating the wedding and everything else that is to come.