Chapter 12 - A Band and A Birthday

Later that night, the boys had left, and Calum and I went up into my bedroom. I noticed on the clock that it was 11:30pm. I was tired. A long evening with four teenage boys can tire you out. I changed into my night clothes and got into bed. Calum took his shirt off, leaving him in sweatpants, and laid in bed beside me. We began to cuddle and fell asleep that way.

———

The next day, Calum and I went to his house, and the boys came to his house instead of mine. They were there for a while, like usual.

"So, Cal, have you told your girlfriend about your birthday?" Michael asked.

"What? Birthday?" I asked Calum who was sitting next to me with his arm around my neck.

"Yeah, my birthday is in about two weeks, no big deal..." He brushed it off.

"No.. It's a huge deal. Sixteen right?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he looked at me.

"Sixteen is like a girl's biggest birthday. I mean, maybe it's not for guys, but it is for girls, so I'm going to get you something big to celebrate your sixteenth birthday,  because I'm telling you, it's an important birthday!" I told him, "you can drive too!"

"Yeah, so what? Michael and Ashton can drive.."

"Yeah, but you can without an licensed driver in the car right now. When you're sixteen, you can get your license and be able to drive by yourself. That's a big thing."

"Not to me it isn't. I don't have to drive. Two of my friends live within a minute of me, and my other friend can drive here.  Also, you live right beside me too. I have everything I want right here in our little neighborhood. That's all I need."

"I'm still getting you a big present. You can't stop me from that."

"Maybe I can't, but that won't make me be more excited about my birthday. Well, it might.." He looked at me, smirking.

"Shut up," I pushed him playfully.

"Okay, now that you two are done talking about birthdays and other things..." Ashton paused, looking at us.

"Hey, it was him," I defended myself, giggling.

"Anyways, what do you guys want to do?" Ashton finished his sentence.

"I don't know.." Calum answered.

"You guys?" Ashton wondered, gesturing to Michael and Luke.

"How about football?" Luke suggested.

"No! Skylar will whip our asses again. I'm not playing football against her," They threw away the idea.

"Okay.. Then how about we go over to Luke's and have a little band practice with Skylar as our audience?" Calum suggested.

"Yeah!" They all agreed.

"Band practice?" I wondered.

"Yeah. We're a band, called 5 Seconds of Summer. Calum hasn't told you?" Luke asked.

"No he hasn't. But that's awesome!" I told them.

"Okay, now let's go to Luke's and get banding!" Ashton said excitedly.

"Mate, we told you to stop saying that!" Michael scolded.

"Sorry," Ashton said, and we all left for Luke's house.