Chapter Eight

Elenora Point of View

As we reached the car, Dante got into the drivers seat and Federico got into the passengers. Francesco opened the door to the car for me, and once I went in, he closed it and ran to the other side and hopped in.

"Can we go back and grab my car?" Federico asks Dante.

"I already had someone go get it for you" he says sounding annoyed.

"Thanks man, your the best brother I-" Federico starts to say before he is cut off

"Don't even start with that, just because I got distracted with Elenora does not mean you two won't be punished for being stupid enough to draw the attention of police" Dante says as he starts to pull out of the parking lot. Are they aware that I know about the Mafia, because why else would he say that he's concerned about them getting caught instead of saying he was mad at them for street racing. He needs to be more careful at hiding his illegal ties.

"Oh Elenora do we need to pick up anything from where you were previously staying?" Dante says. I don't have a lot, only the small bag I packed when I left Chicago, but it has some things that are sentimental, so I should probably grab it. I nod and tell him the address and he turns the car around and heads to the dinner.

The rest of the drive is silent until we reach the dinner. All three of them turn to look at me with a concerned face. It's not the nicest neighborhood and currently one of the windows of the dinner is broken because of the gun shot. Shit. I never told my boss about the robbery, I hope the police contacted him.

"This is where you live?" Dante says very concerned as he looks back at me from the drivers seat.

"Yeah, I live above the dinner, I work there so it was just easiest" I say trying to down play the situation.

"Nora, have you been going to school at all, or have you just been working?" Francesco says. Why did he have to call me Nora, just like Ryan does? To avoid my new nickname and the question I quickly get out of the car and run to the dinner's door. Dante chases after me and follows me in after I unlock the door.

"You know I can just grab my stuff, you don't have to follow me in" I say to my eldest brother.

"I know, but you are aware of we're we are, right? This neighborhood isn't nice and look around" he says to me gesturing at the broken window.

"Yeah I have eyes, and besides the window just happened tonight. Why do you think I was at the police station" I say walking up the stairs, rolling my eyes. I feel bad, Dante wants to help and I believe is planning on adopting me, but I also don't want to get close. I feel like I'm betraying my family that I've hurt so much if I move in with the bio-family.

I start to pack my things from my small cramped room. I don't have a lot since I only brought a small bag when I ran away and didn't go and spend my emergency supply and the money I made has gone to my rent and food. The mattress is on the ground and my clothes are scattered around.

"Need any help?" Dante says leaning against the door way.

"No" I say, not turning around to see his face.

It doesn't take long for me to pack up, I grab the bag and brush past Dante, walking down the stairs. Before I can make it past the door of the dinner, Dante holds me back by grabbing my wrist. I turn around to face him.

"Look, I don't know how your life has been, but I want to let you know it won't be like this. Working at the dinner, I will be here to take care of you, and to make sure you get a good education" he says to me. I know it is supposed to be nice, but all it sounds like is that he is embarrassed by my life. I roll my eyes, pull my wrist away and walk out the door.

I run over to the car and open the door both twins send a concerned glance my way as an angry Dante gets into the car and slams the door closed and starts to drive home.

The drive is pretty silent until a few minutes later Dante start to talk, "You might not want my help Elenora, but you are getting it anyways. A social worker is going to bring by paperwork tomorrow so I can file adoption paperwork" he says.

"Okay" I say back to him, my voice quiet. I know it's not smart to argue with him, not while he's angry. Men like him and David, people who like to be in control, don't like when people argue with them. I've learned that lesson the hard way. I also know it been hard to live on my own, and I'll be better off living with these rich people. If I ran from them I would have two mafias trying to find me instead of one.

"Okay? Great then I will need a last name, I can't adopt someone who doesn't exist" he said. I freeze, I can't give him my last name, it's Walsh and then they might hurt me because I'm the daughter of their rivals. I need to think quickly. I realize how I can get around it.

"It's Doe" I say. Many unknown children dropped off without a birth certificate are given the last nam, like John Doe. I've moved around a lot and my name has been changed with it at each new house, until eventually becoming Walsh, they won't be able to track it.

"I'm sorry" Dante says as he make the connection of that meaning I never had a family. "I shouldn't have yelled at you"

"It's fine, I say as I turn my head and look out the window"

***

After twenty minutes we arrive at a gated house, that opens and lets the car pull through. I look and see a huge mansion, looking almost like a castle in its traditional style. My old house was not close to this big. It was a big house, the Walsh family had money but Dad- Seamus never really flaunted it. I guess Dante likes to.

After we park the car in the garage we all hop out. Before I can grab my bad Francesco takes it.

"Thanks" I say as we walk into the mansion.

"Alright it's getting late, so everyone head up stairs, and Elenora I'll introduce you to the rest of your brothers tomorrow" I nod and start to walk away before I realize I have no idea on where I'm going. Before I can ask, Dante answers my question.

"Francesco, take your sister up to the extra room on the second floor, my old one" he says, and he turns and walks away. Francesco walks me up the stairs and down a long hallway to my new room.

"Alright, this is your room" he says as he stops at a door.

"Why am I staying in Dante's old room, where is he now?" I ask.

"Oh, after our dad died he moved into the master bedroom, since he's now head of the house hold" I nod. He opens the door, I look around the huge room, the walls a dark green with gold light fixtures. My two favorite colors.

"It's nice" I say.

"I'm glad, good night. If you need anything, just let me know, I'm the room across from yours" he says before he leaves.

When the door shuts, I look around and see a door that leads to the bathroom. When I walk in, it looks really nice with a large tub over looking the backyard and the forest behind, along with a huge shower. I realize that I have been working all day, and it would be really nice to take a shower.

***

After taking my shower, I look at the time and see it's three in the morning. I put on some pajamas and hop into the comfortable bed and fall into a deep sleep.

***

A/N

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have gotten pretty busy with school.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! If you did please vote for it.

Which one do you like better, the Irish Mafia or the Italian Mafia?