confidence

an// might be writing a lot btw this chapter includes the movie 'but I'm a cheerleader' 10/10 would recommend watching if u haven't already :) enjoy!!! 

The two roommates didn't have a lot of technology in their tiny dorm room. Each just had a laptop and a phone, though Noelle did have her Nintendo Switch with her. 

"Ugh. This is so boring waiting for classes to start. It's like what, two hours until?" Susie complained laying on her bed while snacking on chalk. Noelle giggled a bit and continued to lay down some paths in Animal Crossing New Horizons.

"I have to agree with you, there's barely anything to do!" Noelle said, putting her game down.

"We could watch a movie?" Susie suggested.

Noelle seemed a bit nervous for a moment. She's barely seen any movies because most movies weren't allowed in her home. She remembers Dess sneaking her out just so she could see Despicable Me

"Uhm, yeah sure! Only if you're picking though." Noelle said, sitting up a bit.

"Alright, I'll look through my drive and see what movies I have downloaded. Come over to my bed."

Noelle felt her face heat up a tiny bit. 

"Oh. Uh yeah okay!"

Noelle got off of her bed and went to go sit down next to Susie.

"Ahah! I found the perfect movie." Susie announced.

Noelle looked over to Susie's laptop screen. Some movie called "But I'm a Cheerleader" was up on the screen.

"We're watching a... cheerleading movie? Wow. I did not think you were the type to watch cheerleading movies!" Noelle said, a bit of a confused tone in her voice.

"Oh this isn't some 'cheerleading movie' it's about this girl whose parents and everybody around her suspect she is a lesbian so they send her away to someplace called true connections and it gets REALLY good," Susie spoke, excitement in her voice.

"Oh, that seems interesting." Noelle replied back to the dinosaur girl.

Noelle was kind of terrified. She'd never been exposed to these types of things when she was younger. She was aware of the community for quite a while because of Kris and some of Dess' arguments with their mom. Noelle was scared she would have the wrong reaction and Susie would get mad at her.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

They both sat close together and watched the movie on Susie's laptop. Noelle thought it was pretty cute so far. 

But something struck her.

She found Megan very relatable.

Megan was a lesbian who lived a blank life without any knowledge of who she truly was. Megan just assumed everybody thought the same way she thought. Megan wasn't straight in the slightest, she was raised in a mainly heteronormative society. She conformed to a straight lifestyle because she never really saw anybody who was queer.

Noelle thought about some of the ways that Megan and her are alike. She likes to look at girls a certain way. She doesn't have an interest in boys.

But this didn't mean Noelle was a lesbian. Did it?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"1 2 3 4 I won't take no anymore!"

Susie looked at Noelle a tiny bit.

"5 6 7 8 I want you to be my mate!"

Susie took in a deep breath and looked back at her laptop screen.

"1 2 3 4 You're the one that I adore!"

Noelle knew Susie stared at her.

"5 6 7 8 Don't run from me cause' this is fate!"

Noelle got a bit emotional watching this.

"I love you."

Noelle felt parts of her life truly being shown. She was unsure of herself but she knew her life in college would truly be an experience. She knew that she could definitely live her life how she intends. She seeks freedom. This one movie inspires her.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"So, what'd you uh.. think of the movie?" Susie said, awkwardly scratching the back of her head.

"I loved it! Thank you for showing it to me, Susie." Noelle said, hopping off of Susie's bed.

Susie just nodded and went to go do something on her phone.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

QUICK AUTHOR NOTE // things got rough for me a while so i privated this, i never finished writing but i will start writing this fic again!!!