moving in, and meeting her

an // hello lovelies :,] im VERY sorry if most of this doesn't make sense bc i genuinely don't know how dorms work lmao i am guessing it is similar to just an apartment??? uh yeh

Noelle had walked into the dorm building on her floor. She had a very basic look for her, an ugly sweater with a pleated skirt and normal white socks with her Mary Janes on. She looked at a sign that said "No Boys Allowed" that she saw as soon as she walked in. She looked confused at the sign and shrugged at it. She was kind of scared to meet her roommate but she assumed that her roommate couldn't be bad at all.

"Whattup?"

Noelle looked and saw a purple... dinosaur? The girl had a shag, kinda wolf-cut type hair. She was wearing a dark blue hoodie that said 'Calm Your Tits', with black plaid pajama pants. Susie had no shoes on, but she did have cookie monster socks to cover her feet. Noelle thought the girl looked pretty and had noticed that she already unpacked most of her stuff. Noelle cleared her throat.

"Hello!" Noelle extended out her hand so the girl could shake it. "I'm Noelle, I'm going to be your roommate."

Susie looked downward at Noelle's hand and did a little smug smile. She batted away the hand.

"Susie, y'know you don't have to act all professional. I don't need some performance."

Noelle looked a bit disappointed and held her hand, now in a clenched fist, up to her chest. 

"Oh, okay then! Nice to meet you, Susie. I like your hair."

Susie met Noelle's eyes.

"I like your... antlers." 

Noelle nodded.

"Why thank you!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Noelle had finished unpacking, and Susie had helped a tiny bit. Noelle looked around at the finished room and was happy with how she and Susie decorated it. She couldn't really find out much about Susie. Susie did make note of Noelle's Mitski posters and a childhood photo.

"Holy shit, you know Kris?" Susie spoke as she picked up Noelles childhood photo.

"Yes! They have always been a close childhood friend. We haven't talked a lot since Junior High though."

"Kris is one of my best buds. You got any dirt on them?" Susie joked, she shoved Noelle a tiny bit when she said that.

"Fahaha of course, I do! They were quite a wild kid when we were younger. One time my mom wouldn't let me see them for 5 months because Kris put fake spiders in her pool filter."

Noelle giggled while saying that, but Susie could see a bit past that. She slightly nodded and put her thoughts to the back of her mind.

"Yep, seems like a very Kris thing to do."

Noelle nodded back and looked around at the room once more. Something she hadn't really seen before caught her attention.

"What's that? I've seen it once or twice but I never understood it." Noelle spoke. Susie turned to see what Noelle was looking at.

Her pride flag.

"Oh, that's the progress pride flag."

Susie realized that she thinks she understood Noelle totally wrong. She thought Noelle totally gave off femme lesbian vibes. But Noelle didn't even know what a pride flag was.

"What's that?" Noelle spoke, dumbfounded.

"It's a gay thing."

Noelle felt a bit embarrassed, she understood a bit about the LGBTQ+ community since Kris had come out to her. Her mom sheltered her a lot and she never was able to see anything that wasn't straight.

"So, do you like girls? I'm sorry if it's invasive to ask."

"Yes. I like girls, a lot."

Noelle nodded.

"What about you?"

Noelle never thought about it. She looked at Susie in confusion. Noelle never ever thought about it. Her mother wouldn't have liked her to think about that stuff. Noelle couldn't be poisoned by such thoughts. She was lucky her mom wasn't here at this moment.

"I... suppose I never thought about it." Noelle thought she was going to start stumbling on her words. It felt awkward for her to be experiencing confusion. Surely Noelle was just having a moment. She wouldn't disobey her mother. 

All Susie did was shrug. 

"I'm gonna facetime Kris and show them how many marshmallows I can fit in my mouth," Susie spoke, hopping onto her bed. Susie's bed already looked messy.

"Alright, I'll just be on my phone," Noelle said, looking over at her. Something came to Noelles mind. 

"Would you like my number? So we can stay in contact outside the dorm, of course!" Noelle asked.

"Oh, yeah yeah. Sure." Susie said, seeming slightly awkward. 

Susie tossed her phone to Noelle.

"Just enter it in."

Noelle nodded and began to type her number into the contacts app. Once she finished she politely handed it back. 

"Just text me whenever so I can also get yours."

Susie nodded and went to go facetime Kris.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Noelle did research on her phone. She'd realized how much freedom she could have now since her mom wouldn't be making her turn her phone in, and her mom wouldn't be checking her every move. She could now thing thoughts and ask questions that she would be punished for even considering before.

"Gay community history"

"How do you know if you like girls"

"How to support gay friends"

Noelle concluded her research by knowing how much the LGBTQ+ community gets attacked, and learning their history. She learned the ways you can be supportive.

Noelle also concluded that she wouldn't really mind dating a girl if she was given the opportunity.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

author note // srry if it's short and doesn't have much plot!!! i'm just trying to get the main things down :,]