Chapter 22

Izuku pov~

As we drove to the hospital, I just looked out the window not really caring on what will happen to me now. Shinso then suddenly put a hand on my shoulder and gave me a small smile which I returned.

He must have noticed or it's just the look I have on my face...

After a few, we arrived and I pulled my hood over my head so people couldn't see me, we went inside and after registering, we headed to dads room.

Do I even deserve to be here? I couldn't do much for dad and for all I know he could have died! It's all my fault, I was too weak...

As I just blamed myself, we stood in front of the room dad is in and I was beating myself on the inside. Papa turned towards me and Shinso.

"You guys wanna go first?" - Papamic

I turned to look at Shinso to see him looking at me

"You go first, I'll come in a bit." - Shinso

He smiled at me and so did I, I hesitantly went into dads room and when I looked at him, I nearly went back out but decided not to. After just staring at him, I walked over and sat in one of the chairs next to the bed and held his hand.

"I'm so sorry, you ended up here because I was too weak and slow to get to you..." - Izuku

I then felt tears in my eyes but I held them back. I sat there in silence before hearing the door open and in came Shinso and papa.

"You okay little listener?" - Papamic

"It's my fault he's here..." - Izuku

"No it's not, you couldn't have stopped this from happening, so stop blaming yourself, dad wouldn't like that and you know it." - Shinso

I chuckled and he gave me a hug which papa joined into.

Timeskip~

It has been a week since the USJ, we were given a week off from school and it hasn't been that good for me. I refuse to leave my room but I'll only come out if we are going to visit dad. I only go to see if he's awake yet. I haven't been eating right and barely got any sleep.

"Izuku you need to eat and sleep." - Shinso

"I'm fine..." - Izuku

We were in my room, I was laying on my bed starring at the ceiling while Shinso was standing close to the bed.

"You sure about that 'cause it doesn't look like it." - Shinso

I just continued to stare at the ceiling and then Shinso hugged me and I returned it. When we backed away he looked at me in concern.

"Izuku you really need to eat, I can barely feel your ribs." - Shinso

"...fine, I'll eat." - Izuku

"You can wait here, I'll get you something to eat." - Shinso

He then left and I sat up. Papa was in his room at the moment and I'm guessing he's starring at a picture of him and dad. He hasn't been that good as well but he's always trying to cheer me up which worked a few times.

Shinso then came into the room with some katsudon.

"Papa made this for you, you already know why." - Shinso

I giggled and took the food from Shinso

"Tell papa I say thanks." - Izuku

"Will do, now eat up before it gets cold." - Shinso

I complied and ate my food, it wasn't like dad's but it's still yummy. Shinso then left and I continued to eat.

We have to go to UA tomorrow... I can't do anything about that but at least I have something to keep my mind off dad.

When I just finished eating, papa came into my room looking like he would cry any second.

"What happened?" - Izuku

"Shota's awake, get ready we're gonna go see him!" - Papamic

Without another word he left and I got ready.

He's finally awake...

Feeling relieved and happy, I went down to see papa and Shinso waiting for me at the door.

We got in the car and on our way, Luna appeared and sat in my lap.

"What's she doing here?" - Shinso

"Who's here?" - Papamic

"Luna and I don't know why she's here." - Izuku

"Ok, we're here." - Papamic

Papa then parked the car and we headed inside. I was happy but nervous to see dad.

What if he hates me? What am I thinking of course he hates me, who wouldn't. It's my fault-

"You ok Izuku?" - Shinso

"Y-yeah, I'm ok." - Izuku

In no time we were now in front of dad's room. Papa was the first to go in and me and Shin went after. When we came in, dad was looking out the window, looking bored.

"SHO-TAAA!!!" - Papamic

In the middle of saying his name dad erased his quirk and was squeezed to death by papa.

"Nice to see you too." - Dadzawa

"Glad to see you're awake." - Shinso

Shinso smiled at dad and gave him a hug and then turned to me which made dad look at me.

"Hey dad..." - Izuku

"What happened to you? You look like you haven't eaten or slept in days." - Dadzawa

"'Cause that is what happened." - Shinso

I just looked away not able to look dad in the eye.

"Come here." - Dadzawa

I hesitantly walked over to dad and once I was close enough, he hugged me. I wasn't expecting it so I wasn't prepared. I eventually broke down into tears while dad rubbed circles on my back.

"I'm sorry you ended up here, it's my fault, I was too weak to get you out of the situation with the nomu and because of that you got hurt!" - Izuku

"There's nothing to be sorry about, it's not your fault, I went in and fought on my own will, you are just a kid so it is my duty to protect you." - Dadzawa

After crying for a bit I pulled away and sat in one of the chairs.

"Thanks for that. I really needed it." - Izuku

"No problem kid" - Dadzawa

We then talked for a bit and got informed that dad can leave so we went home along with Luna who stayed in the car.
______________________________________

Wordcount - 1 037