Based on a True Story

Happily Ever After.
Just a little something I wrote for my boyfriend and wanted to share ❤️

༻✦༺

After a certain point in your life, happily ever after becomes a myth. A facade in movies, books, and songs sold to the lonely hearts that had hope. You stopped believing it was real when the flame in your heart fizzled out due to the trail of heartbreak left behind.

You were never beautiful enough. Smart enough. Skinny enough. Kind enough. Good enough.

Every single person you let in, let you down. So you couldn't be blamed for no longer believing that pure love like the ones you've seen in those very books and movies was non-existent. That never stopped you from dreaming of it of course, but your heart broke almost everyday when you reminded yourself that your dreams were not your reality. You wrote your heartbreak on paper, it was the only way to express yourself. You gave yourself the love you felt you deserved since no one was giving it to you.

Until one day when one person changed your perspective and helped you believe that fairytales in this world can exist.

At first he was untouchable. He belonged to another. She had eyes that resembled the ocean, fair skin with blonde hair that waved down to her hips. You felt like you didn't compare to her—he chose her for a reason so she must be amazing right? You were unaware for a time that behind those oceans eyes was a storm. An unhinged woman tearing him down and crushing his spirit just as others did to you.

He hardly looked happy. He put on a front that you began to see through. You knew all too well what he was going through, what he was feeling. Miserable, unhappy, exhausted, stuck. But comfortable.. change is scary to people and not many will choose to go through it themselves. So they remain in the situation their in, convinced into thinking it's better than what is out there. Or maybe they just have hope it will get better. Unfortunately it almost never does.

Although he was unhappy, you remained respectful of what they had and his choice.

Her, his choice was her.

So what you did for 8 long months was watch. It was all you could do. You watched him walk away with her. Smile with her. Laugh with her. Go off on trips with her. And suffer with the thought that he went to bed with her. It broke you to fall in love with someone that you couldn't have. You begged your own heart for so long to forget him... it never worked.

You resorted to a distraction. Another man that hardly compared. But even while with this man, you still thought of him. He is where your heart always resided no matter how hard you tried to forget him. He was burned into your very soul, his name etched into your heart. You fell deeply in love with him before you even knew it was happening.

He was your boss, that's how you met him. You worked with him everyday, his face being one of the very first you saw. You loved his voice, his laugh, his humor, his persona, everything about him was inviting. He treated you so kindly, welcomed you when you were the new girl, scared and alone. He made you feel comfortable and accepted from the start. How could you not love someone that made you feel that way in a world that rejected you?

It was inevitable.

After waiting as long as you did, your hope was almost gone. Until one day when the raging ocean ran its course, he was standing in front of you, asking you a question.

"Did you want to go bowling with us?"

He asked you. You looked up into those very eyes that made your heart race and breath hitched in your throat. If only he knew the hold he had on you.

You smiled. You were at a gathering with him and a few mutual friends from work. You suspected he'd bring her with him, but she was nowhere to be seen. Little did you know, they were done, and he was finally free, "Yes."

You didn't take your car with you because you planned to drink and smoke your sorrows away — you also ended things with your temporary fling the night before and have never felt so alone — and the person who drove you didn't want to go bowling with everyone else. So he offered to take you and you gladly accepted.

Out of the dozen of you, only half wanted to attend this little after party.

Everyone gathered what they brought, said their goodbyes and you and him walked to his car together. You were too intoxicated to be nervous, most of the drive you were in your own world anyway. But still alert so you could respond anytime he'd talk to you. It was because you were in this world of your own that you failed to notice he was nervous. He couldn't explain why, but something about you made him nervous.

Perhaps it was because he was no longer being blinded by the one who stood in his view of you. Now he was finally seeing you; your beauty, your eyes he would soon fall in love with, your smile, you were oblivious that he would become your happily ever after.

🤍

I guess maybe now that I'm actually happy and not writing my happiness into existence is why my chapters have been coming out slower than before. And I'm so sorry everyone, I miss you and this platform. I've been writing a lot more lately, so please be on the look-out for future updates ❤️

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 26 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Anakin Skywalker Imaginesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें