Chapter 22: Stranded

Start from the beginning

"You can't say anything you failed your last test." 

"You probably did too so we're even."

"Actually," Suzuki chuckled, "M/n got top of his class in his last test." 

Upon hearing this news the pink haired twin's jaw dropped, "Since when!?"

"What?" M/n questioned, smiling innocently. 

"Since when were you so smart!? As a kid all you did was sleep, in fact, I don't think you turned up for a single test!" 

"I'm a changed man." He spoke calmly. "Actually, I've decided to turn over a new leaf and revoke my violent ways. From here on I will never harm a person again, and shall only focus on my studies." The boy declared. 

Nahoya looked disgusted, "Who the hell are you and what have you done with Sleepy!?" 

M/n closed his eyes and laughed, punching the teen in the gut. 

"Um, M/n I think you failed already..." The blue haired girl stated.

"From now then." 

"What the hell was that for idiot!?" Smiley shouted, getting up and throwing a punch at M/n.

The h/c haired boy calmly smiled and laughed, throwing him over his shoulder and to the ground. 

"Um, you did it again..."

"From now." 

"Yeah... I don't think this will work." Suzuki spoke, sympathising with the boy on the ground.

"Sleepy, you probably are the least likely out of all the people I know to be able to stick to that." Angry said, finally joining in on the chaos. "And please stop smiling like that, it's creepy." 

"Like what?" M/n asked, "This is how I normally look." 

"That must be rough." Nahoya added, getting up from the floor. 

Nahoya, Souya, M/n and Suzuki were currently sitting on the river bank enjoying their time together. The h/c haired boy thought it was nice that he had so many friends to spend time with now, even if he never said it. It was refreshing. He liked it here, with so many people surrounding him. Sure, they may cause him headaches but it was fun, even the egg head and half-pint. 

. .

It was currently dark out and m/n knew he should probably go to sleep already but it seemed impossible. No matter how many times he twisted and turned, he just couldn't. He decided that it was futile and he would be better off doing something instead. 

Just like he had done previously many times, he got off the sofa, put on his jacket, grabbed his phone and headphones and headed out, making sure to not wake up the other occupants of his apartment and locked the door. 

He didn't know where he was going, his feet were moving on their own and he let them. His mind was blank, the sound of cars passing and music filling his ears. Before he knew it the traffic had quieted and the music was the only thing he could hear. He looked up from the ground for the first time in a while to see he had left the city completely.

How long had he been walking for?

It must've been a long time considering he could see many trees and hills, the only buildings being small sub-urban ones. He searched for a sign that could tell him where he was and realised he had ventured far past Sagamihara,  a district in the Kanagawa prefecture. 

He checked his pockets and noticed the small amount of change he had on him was gone and concluded he must've gotten on a bus at some point.

'Did I really zone out that much?'