47.

if this chapter had a title, it'd be sex toys 101 (just to warm you up for the Italy smut......)

The sun was finally coming up

Elizabeth and I had been in the same position for hours, sitting up against the headboard of this king size hotel bed, staring out the window. She was between my legs, her back pressed to my chest, my arms tightly wrapped around her torso.

We had a rough night, probably the worst since we'd known each other... Elizabeth had fallen into pieces right in front of my eyes and it hurt like nothing else. My heart was breaking for her and I hated that it seemed like I couldn't do any more than be by her side. I loved her so much and the sight of her in pain was nothing but pure torture.

The look in her eyes when we walked into that apartment... fuck, the image was burnt into my mind for life. She looked so devastated. I never ever wanted to see her like that again. I wanted her to be happy, I wanted her bright eyes and her wide smile.

But unfortunately, it wasn't that easy. Sometimes we don't get what we want and sometimes life is just cruel for no reason. Elizabeth didn't deserve to be treated like this and yet, that's what she got. Years and years of abuse, scars after scars, and an endless amount of tears. All because of one person.

A father should be someone that gives you love, someone that teaches you, that you can look up to... Not someone that makes your life a living hell. I would never understand how anyone could ever be capable of putting through all those things another human being, let alone their own child. My anger towards Richard was indescribable and I wanted to make him pay. I wasn't a violent person, but when it came to my loved ones, I had no boundaries.

Elizabeth meant the whole fucking world to me and if anyone fucked with her, they fucked with me. I played nice so far, I didn't want to get too much into this mess, it wasn't any of my business so I decided to stay out of it. But Richard went too fucking far this time. I was done watching the love of my life fall apart and shatter to pieces, she deserved better and I was going to do everything to give her better. I promised her happiness so that's exactly what she was going to get.

"Harry?" Reina's soft voice snapped me out of my thoughts, her fingers giving a gentle squeeze to my own to get my attention.

I could hear how tired she was, we barely slept a few hours before we decided to give up trying all together and waited for the morning to come instead. I wasn't sure how I was going to step on stage tonight, I wouldn't say I was in the right physical or mental state to perform in front of thousands of people, but we had a couple of hours to figure something out I guess.

To be honest, I was more worried about Elizabeth. She was absolutely beaten, inside and out, and I didn't know how to make it better. She looked so exhausted and she needed sleep, but with all these nightmares I didn't know if it would be possible... Maybe now that the sun was up she'd be able to find a little peace and get some rest. I could only hope.