Him

"Thanks again Mrs. Williams!" I said as I gripped onto Avery's hand as she waved frantically at Mrs. Williams' daughter who was waving slightly with her doll at hand "Let me know if you ever need someone to babysit!"

"You tell me everytime Lucas, and I promise one day I will!" she chuckled and I shrugged

"Can't blame a guy for trying." I sighed and she shook her head at me with a slight smile as she waved at Avery and then shut the door behind her "Did you have fun?" I asked her as I crouched down to meet her eyes, she still had to look up at me slightly which I found adorable

"Yes!" she exclaimed excitedly, jumping up and down. I shook my head with a laugh as I grabbed her hand yet again so we could cross the street. Mrs. Williams has lived across the street from us for a little over 10 years, I had lived on this street my whole life, so you can imagine. She was also my mother's best friend. She has always looked after me and Avery, even when mom was still around but in her last moments, she would ask us to join her for dinner and it made me happy that she did; for a while. Reality then smacked me in the face and my mother was still dying of cancer. Pretty morbid, right? Still, I'm grateful for her nonetheless.

"What you got there?" I said once we reached the front yard of our house, she had a book in her hand, a princess storybook. "Who gave you this?" I asked and she smield softly, running her hands along the cover of the book

"Mrs. Williams." she muttered

"Why?" I pressed and she smiled sheepishly, too damn cute. "Did you ask for it?"

"I've read all my books at home!" she said with a pout as she crossed her arms over her chest "And Mrs. Williams said that Sarah was going to get rid of most of her books, anyway!" she defended and I chuckled lightly

"Tell you what, if you eat all your food, I will take you to Highman's for some books." I said and her eyes brightened at the slightest

"Okay!"

*****

"Look, they have a kid section!" I said as I opened the door to Highman's with Avery in my arms, she looked at me excitedly and I set her down as she ran off to the saction with the rest of the kids who were playing in it, I smield softly to myself as I walked further into the store; I was about to ask the cashier where the kid's books were when I recognized her. It was Eleanor, the girl from the parking lot and my chem class. She had her blonde hair down with stray curls framing her face as they fell effortlessly, she was typing something into the cash register and then turned around to readjust something behind her "Well, would you look at that." I said with a smirk as I approached the counter, she sighed as I leaned my elbows on the counter "I've got to say, this is quite the coincidence."

"What are you doing here?" she asked as she crossed her arms over her chest "I really didn't peg you for the reading type." she added and I chuckled softly

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Angel." I said with a sigh, I beg to differ. "But if you must know, my little sister demanded I got her some new books."

"Kid's section is that way." she said as she pointed to an aisle to her right "If you need any help, I'm right here." she added and I instantly smirked

"I might take you up on that offer, Angel." I said "Just not on the books thing, though." I added, shooting her a wink before going to the kid's section to pick up Avery's books, I just grabbed random princess books, since it really wouldn't make a difference. I gripped the books in my hand and made my way back to the cashier where Eleanor still was, I set the books on the counter and just looked at her for a little; she really was pretty without even trying. I hated sounding like a sap, but it was true. She really was a natural beauty.