36) Bud and Gleeeeeenn cameo

Start from the beginning

"Anyway, I never agreed, and I'm not interested. Go bother somebody else."

"C'mon! Don't be like that, I'll buy the drinks! Don't tell me you enjoy sulking alone in a corner..."

Cale sighed. He was kind of bored of doing the same thing for the past few hours, and the sun was already halfway done setting. Plus, the last thing Cale was worried about was losing to these guys.

"Here, I'll offer everything I have; 5 gold and 23 silver."

These morons were still trying to bribe him with money. Glenn's eyes widened in slight horror that his friend was so easily offering up all of his money.

'Haaaa. Whatever, it's not like I have a busy schedule.'

Cale thought about it for a little while, before pulling out his own stacks of 5 gold and 23 silver.

"...Fine, but how are you going to pay for drinks if you are promising to give me all that money?"

Bud blinked once as if he hadn't thought that far ahead, and then turned his head to stare at Glenn.

"Haaaa. I'll pay for drinks, but I won't be drinking."

Cale thought that this could temporarily cure his boredom. "Suit yourself."

Bud grinned widely. He was completely confident that he could outdrink this guy who was younger than him and had probably only been drinking for a little while.

'Realistically, there is no way I can lose. Haha, this will be fun~'

...

Cale sipped his 15th drink with a straight face. He glanced at Glenn, who was massaging his temples with an annoyed look on his face. He then looks at Bud.

Bud was staring at an empty glass.

"Hey, just give up already."

Bud glanced back up at Cale. Silence.

Cale stared back, thoroughly amused about how this lightweight had been so confident.

Thud. Bud had let his forehead fall and slam onto the table. The only reason he didn't smash head on the empty glass was because of Glenn, who had smoothly snatched it, somehow without opening his eyes.

Yes, he must have gained a third sense for dealing with this moron. Cale felt exhausted just drinking with him for an hour, so he couldn't imagine the kind of stress Glenn would be under.

"Uuugghhhh..."

Glenn glared at the groaning Bud, and scoffed once before standing up.

"I'll be back with some water, please keep him from wandering off."

"..."

Cale watched as Glenn left, and decided to fill his time by staring at the annoying moron. Soon enough, Bud started rambling.

'Tsk, I should've known he's a talkative drunk.'

His words were muffled because Bud was facing the ground with his forehead resting on the table's edge, but it was clear enough to hear. That was why Cale heard it pretty well.

"Ugghh, dumb, dumb, dumb. Thought you'd've been easy but I was really wrong. Haaa, -and earlier too, I couldn't find him eithe~r. Instead there was another guy tryin' to steal my target. Haha, but we did s~till get that one..."

Suddenly, Bud raised his head. There was a red spot where his forehead had been pressed to the table, but he didn't seem to notice.

"You!"