33) Cale is sick and it's karma for you guys calling him hot

Start from the beginning

Alberu looked at him as if he was stupid at that moment, making the physician sweatdrop.

"Young master Cale is unconscious, yes? And he just woke up recently instead of in the early morning, correct?"

The physician swallowed his nerves again. "That is correct, but—"

"Then we can assume that he has had nothing to eat today. As far as I am aware, to fight a sickness you need to have enough energy, but young master Cale cannot feed himself while he is unconscious."

Oh. The physician blinked silently as he realized his mistake. Alberu continued.

"Not only that, but a sick person also needs enough fluids. I assumed leaving him here would be best, but perhaps I was mistaken, as not a single person has tended to him in the time that I was gone."

Alberu was still smiling gently as he talked. He was observing every time the physician flinched.

"I've been thinking about it for a while now, but the Henituse staff are really incompetent. Barely any of them do their job it seems. Well, do not be surprised if one day the count decides to clean up his workforce."

"I, I will tend to him properly from now on!"

The physician put on an anxious expression as he started hurrying around the room to collect different things. Alberu watched him for a while before turning his attention back to Cale.

'Are you always treated this way?'

He thought back to the mumblings he had heard as he walked past this room to the gardens to fetch the physician. Even with his dark elf blood, it was challenging to hear.

'Come on Lily, he will get better soon.'

'... No. The nurses hate orabeoni. They will do a bad job.'

'... If we pay them they will do a good job, remember?'

'... Like last time?'

'Yeah, so let's leave for now and let hyung rest.'

"Mmm..."

Alberu glanced towards the groaning Cale. The more he stuck next to this person, the more he discovered about how he had lived until now.

As a child, Cale seemed much more loose. After only talking to him for two nights, Alberu could tell that he was more cheerful and free than he was now. What could have caused him to grow up into someone with a trash reputation?

Alberu didn't really think Cale was the type of person that the rumors described him as. In fact, the more he observed the people around Cale, the more he thought that maybe the rumors were fabricated to purposefully paint him in a bad light.

"Ugh..."

Cale groaned again. He seemed to still be in a lot of pain. Alberu reached out and felt his forehead, and then frowned after realizing how abnormally warm it was.

The severe stress and possible trauma of a kidnapping and terrorist attacks mixed with how thin he was... It was not really a mystery as to how he became sick. His immune system probably weakened significantly.

"Hah... Hah... Hah..."

For some reason, Cale's breathing seemed to be gaining speed after Alberu felt his forehead. He attempted to retract his hand, thinking he was causing Cale pain, but his wrist was suddenly secured in a weak grip.

'!'

Cale Henituse had unconsciously snatched his arm midair. How in the world was his aim so good in these situations?