Chapter 17//Connor

Start from the beginning

"Tronnor!!" Zoe yells as she steps out of her car in a black bikini, that makes her tan skin look amazing. Alfie steps out of the car after her with a beach bag and a picnic basket. We make our way over to them and I start apologizing to Zoe.

"Sorry we couldn't make it to dinner last night, Troye was feeling a bit under the weather." Zoe brushes it off and wraps an arm around my waist as we walk down to the beach. Troye and Alfie are talking behind us as we make our way to the spot where Ricky is already dancing. They are playing music out of the back of someone's pick up and they are dancing like fools. I give Zoe a one arm squeeze then I run over to my boys, who immediately group hug me like they haven't seen me in months rather than weeks.

"Where's your Troye? We haven't properly met him as your soulmate yet." Jc says looking over at Dakota who is sitting in the sand with Tanya talking about make up, I'm sure.

"Tro!" I tell looking behind me to locate my beautiful soulmate. He hears me yell his nickname and his head shoots up from his conversation with Tyler. He stands up and walks over to me wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my cheek when he reaches me.

"Hi guys." Troye says with a small smile on his face. Trevor is looking at us with eyes that tell me he thinks we are adorable as hell. Jc and Ricky have the same look on their faces and Kian is trying to get Ricky to pay attention to him.

"They insisted on me introducing you to them as my soulmate so, Ricky, Kian, Trevor, Jc this is my soulmate Troye Mellet." The boys smile at him then I drag him away so we can go sit with Tyler. Troye sits with me for awhile before he wants to go in the water with Joe and Caspar, so I kiss his cheek before letting him leave.

"So you and Troye aren't pretending anymore?" Tyler asks leaning back on his elbows as he watches me watch my soulmate play in the water. Most of our friends are in the water or so far away from us we don't have to worry about being overheard.

"It seems like it's been so long since I've talked to you. So much has happened and I don't even know half of it because Troye won't tell me. Yeah, though. We had a real first kiss a few days ago and things are going really well between us, just not for us."

"Troye mentioned that some pretty fucked up shit is going on but he didn't tell me any specifics." Tyler moves to put an arm around my shoulder and I let him. His touch is comforting with all the shit that seems to be going on in my life. It's familiar and I know that no matter what has happened between Tyler and I he will always be there for me. I'm his soulmate, he cares about me more than anyone except maybe the person that is my soulmate. It's such an odd situation that we have, I'm glad that Tyler and I can still be friends despite the fact that I'm his soulmate and Troye is my soulmate. I can't imagine the pain Tyler must go through regularly. As if he didn't have enough to deal with, the person that he thought cared for him left with no word.

"Yeah. I know that I care for him like a lot and I really really like him. I can feel myself falling in love with him and I'm so fucking scared." Tyler squeezes my shoulder then let's his arm slide off of my shoulder down into the sand.

"Tell me why your scared. You should be ecstatic, he's your soul mate and your his. Nothing is going to stop you two from being together in the end."

"I'm scared of all the things that come with falling in love with him. Letting myself become that vulnerable to someone and the fact that I know he cares about me just as much if not more. He's hurt lots of people Ty and sometimes people come back and want to hurt people that mean something to him. That's why he is the way he is. He doesn't want anyone else to get hurt because of him. I don't Tyler I'm just scared." I almost regret saying these things to Tyler before remembering that Tyler always gives the best advice. He's been hurt, mostly by me with out me even knowing it, and he's learned from that pain.