Chapter 1 - The School of Dreams

Start from the beginning

She was currently adjusting a delicate snowflake hairpiece, with her efforts hampered by the bus's relentless movement.

Deciding to lend a helping hand I steadied her trembling hairpiece with a deft, reassuring motion. "Here," I said.

She turned towards me in suprise. "T-Thank you." She said.

I shook my head. "It's no trouble, it must've been difficult with all the shaking."

"It really was, I even made sure to wake up earlier today but before I knew it the bus had arrived at my home." She agreed and spoke with a heavy exhausted sigh.

I nodded in agreement. "Same with me, I had just gotten out of my home and the bus had already arrived in an instant."

"It is a bit strange for public transit which usually doesn't have a set time of arrival to arrive at the perfect moment... " Realizing that she had ranted off; Miyuki grew flustered. "Oh, please forgive me for rambling! I don't believe I told you my name, I'm Shiba Miyuki and, like you, I am attending 'Advanced Nurturing High School'."

"I'm Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, it's nice to meet you, Shiba. If I may ask what class did you get assigned to?"

"Class 1-A, what about you Ayanokoji?"

"Class 1-D."

"Don't you think you should give up your seat?"

Suddenly, a rather loud voice attracted both my and Miyuki's attention. The source was a young woman who appeared to be an office worker questioning a well-built blond-haired boy wearing the same uniform as me who was sitting in one of the priority seats.

The boy with his earbuds in apparently didn't hear the woman, as she then repeated herself, "Hey, you there. Can't you see this old lady is having trouble?"

Her voice carried quite well throughout the quiet bus attracting the attention of several people.

The blond-haired man finally realizing what was going on chuckled, as he took out his earbuds and spoke."That's a rather crazy question, lady."

Grinning broadly and crossing his legs the man spoke with a clear and confident tone. "Why exactly should I give up my seat, when I have no reason to?"

"Wh—  you're in priority seating! Of course, you're supposed to give it up for the elderly!" The office lady grew agitated with the boy's snarky attitude.

"I don't understand what you're spouting, but 'priority seating' is exactly that. Priority seating. I have no legal or moral obligation to give it up. Since I'm currently occupying this seat, shouldn't I be the one who determines whether or not I move? Or do you expect me to give up my seating purely because I'm young? Ha, what nonsense!"

He didn't really speak like a high school student and his blond hair made him stand out.

"I am a healthy young man, who while it wouldn't be difficult for me to stand. I would still be required to expel a significant amount of energy compared to sitting down on this seat. I have no intention of doing such a pointless endeavour unless you suggest I act a bit livelier?"

"W-What kind of attitude is that towards your superiors?!" The woman shot back, enraged by the man's refusal to give up his seat, however; this did nothing to dissuade him.