U: Nothing Gained

Start from the beginning

This was troublesome.

Someone would have to warn this guy about predatory alphas. Just because the alpha was female, didn't mean he couldn't be taken advantage of. Pheromones were a thing after all.

Jun Yibai himself couldn't do it. He'd only been friends with Hanyu for a day while Li Min was much closer to the man. It would only come off as an empty accusation.

Then again, coming from his girlfriend, it might come off as needless jealousy.

That woman, whether purposely or unintentionally, had put them in a bind.

Ugh, this was really troublesome~

He sighed, deciding to try and subtly hint about being more careful around others later on. While it was troublesome, he really couldn't remain silent.

Hanyu then proceeded to tell Jun Yibai about his classes. Turns out this jovial guy was studying education. With his personality, it fits. In the looks department, though, it might be a bit much.

As if reading his thoughts, Hanyu grumbled. "Li Min said I'd do well in showbiz like her but honestly, being a celebrity would just be boring."

At that, the beta chuckled. "I suppose compared to wrangling children, just smiling and looking pretty would be dull."

"Exactly! See, I knew I had a good eye for cool people."

When pressed on his own major, Jun Yibai chose not to say. It wasn't that he was embarrassed but it would be troublesome if he was questioned on it. Hanyu was a cool guy but he was sure he'd get, at the very least, a cocked brow.

He was, after all, the only beta in the business department.

He'd gotten a few looks during his classes, as most betas who became entrepreneurs didn't need a degree. They could open up a shop with enough money and just hire a manager if things got complicated.

Only those who were striving for the upper echelons bothered to get a degree in business. Hence most of his classmates were alphas. The only omega was the professor, who gave Jun Yibai an encouraging smile when he spotted him.

All his other professors? Well, they were 'worried' about him.

He didn't want any more 'worry'. He'd had enough for one day.

Like a bell of salvation, their conversation was interrupted by the clamor of women rushing past them. Hanyu, being the curious type, tapped one of the passing women's shoulder and asked what was going on.

"A bunch of the basketball players challenged some young master to a match. We're going to watch!" She happily provided, running over to join the crowd forming.

"Is that something worth gushing over?" Jun Yibai wondered aloud.

"There's only one way to find out!"

Grumbling all the way, Jun Yibai let Hanyu drag him over to the basketball court. As expected, there were dozens of adoring fans watching as the players began their game. Jun Yibai could just barely hear the crisp sound of rubber against the polished court over the screams.

"Oh no~ It would seem we can't watch the game. What a shame."

Did he have to be as sarcastic as he was? No, but it helped when things were annoying.

Hanyu, like the human puppy he was, refused to give up. Soon enough, they managed to find a space away from the crowd that overlooked the court. The game was intense and certainly warranted the crowd.

Yet that wasn't what drew the beta's eye.

"Of course, it's gotta be him." Jun Yibai sighed, recognizing one of the players on sight.