It's quiet again for a moment and I consider giving him unrequited advice. But it's a loss of words when I'm in the same position of terrified.

So I tell him "Aren't we all?" and our conversation about meaningful things get lost in our blissed out minds.

With the sun fully awake, I can't keep my eyes open anymore and Harry carries me to the passenger's seat when our night trip is forced to seize.

"Don't say we have to leave just yet," I pleaded, half awake and half out of my mind.

"We've gotta get you back, Rose is probably freaking out," he assured, and I know he's more than right.

So we traveled the long roads and went right back to where we started like it never happened at all.

***

"This is absolutely torturous, but at least we look hot,"

Juliet and I stand together in front of the double mirror in the bathroom. While my best friend shines in a dark shade of velvet and floral, my sage green gown is spectacular as it hugs me in all the right places.

Silk and long with spaghetti tied straps, there's a beaded design down my torso and a slit in the right leg. The white three inch pumps on my feet make me a little taller and my hair is parted down the middle as it flows naturally in waves down my back. And with the exception of a bold red lip, my makeup is natural and light for the most part.

"It's your fault I'm being dragged into this mess," I grab my clutch off of the counter while Li fixes her gloss in the mirror.

"If I'm being dragged through hell, you already know you're coming with," She smiles slyly, her usual makeup dark and bold but her hair is different bright blonde as it washes away any trace of pink tips.

This afternoon was the Parker family's annual charity event hosted at their home and was always the biggest event of the season. Almost everyone from the town is attending and it's all that anyone has been talking about for the past few days.

"This used to be fun when we were kids," I stare at my reflection in the mirror as my eyes glaze over at Juliet's.

"Yeah, when our biggest problems were pigging out at the dessert table and stealing the booze from the open bar," She smiles, reapplying her lip gloss.

"Do you remember that one time when you pushed Jack's ex-girlfriend into the pool?" We share a laugh as we reminisce on simpler times.

Downstairs, Clara did a really good job of keeping the party outside. The kitchen crew is still completing final touches on dinner, and with the dessert guy MIA Juliet and I stick to our traditions as we steal cream puffs.

"I saw that," Jack is suddenly in front of us with the same sly smile his sister has and I'm surprised to see him back so soon.

Golden boy of his family looks familiar with a new suit on and even some dress shoes as his hair is touched with a new haircut and some gel to keep it in place.

"You're here," Juliet says in relief as the two siblings share an embrace.

"Mom would have my head if I didn't show up, you know that," He steals the cannoli out of his sister's hand.

"Dad is here you know," Li states and the two exchange the same knowing glances.

"Yeah," Is all Jack says before taking a bite out of the desert and glides his eyes over to me while he chews. "Keeping my sister out of trouble?" he smirks.