↳ 𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙄𝙣 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣

Comincia dall'inizio

"As their uncle, right?" You asked, and he hummed in response. He bit his bottom lip before thinking of his next words. Choosing them carefully.

"Or maybe like their father..." He suggested and you inhaled and held your breath. You shut your eyes, thinking of ways to let down Geto gently. You knew what was coming up next. Toji put those thoughts in your head when you were together, and ever since, you've been thinking the way Geto treats you is odd. "We can help each other."

"How?" You questioned. "How can we help each other, Suguru?"

"I can help you with bills and stuff, and help you with the twins. We can move out of here and move into a small apartment and we can go from there." He answered and you sighed.

"How does that benefit you in any way?" You watched as his cheeks turned pink, and you felt as your palms got sweaty. But not for the reason he wanted it to. "Suguru... You don't know what you want. But I can assure you, it's not me. You don't want to raise another man's twins and let your life go to waste."

"We can–" Geto began, but you cut him off before he said anything else.

"I love you like a brother, Suguru." You told him. You chewed on the inside of your cheek, debating if you wanted to confess to him. While you thought about it, he confessed,

"We can make it work somehow. I love you." Geto said, and your eyes widened. You didn't actually expect him to actually say that.

"And I... I still love him." You felt your eyes well up. You watched as his hands balled up into fists. You sighed. "You're so much better off with a woman that's nothing like me, Suguru. I'm not worth it."

"You are... Please don't say that." Geto's voice broke as he spoke. "You're worth it. Just because Toji didn't see it doesn't mean I don't."

"Suguru..."

"I'm willing to wait."

-

"Are you okay, buddy?" Toji asked, sitting down next to his son. A movie played on the TV, yet Megumi didn't look all too interested. It's October 19, and his wife was still in the hospital after giving birth two days ago. Megumi was the only one in the house that wasn't all that excited over the birth of his sibling. Well– Toji wasn't all too excited as well. Having to raise another man's baby wasn't all too ideal.

"I miss her." Megumi confessed, and Toji sighed. He wanted to reassure the child that you'd come back, but Toji knew better. "I want her to come back."

"I miss her too, buddy." Toji said. "I need her back here, more than you could imagine."

"Is she coming back? At least to visit...?" Megumi questioned. Hearing his own son ask those questions made Toji's heart swell. Especially since he knew it was his fault. You left because of him.

"She'll come back, buddy. I promise." Toji knew better than to promise that to his son. He doubts that you'll ever come back, but he doesn't want to take his son's hope away. Toji first had to apologize to you before even making such a promise. But he still said, "I promise she'll come back. And she'll be your mom again. And she'll take care of us again, and love us."

Megumi wrapped his arms around his father before muttering, "Thank you, dad."

Toji returned his son's hug, a smile coming to his lips.

-

Toji drove around the neighborhood– Your neighborhood. He didn't know what else to do. His mind went back to you. His wife's baby was born two days ago, and while he should be happy about it, the baby is clearly not his. He knew the fact since the announcement of her pregnancy, but he just needed the baby to be born to prove it to you.