the dm

it was the next morning and ziora's head was pounding.

she stayed in bed 'til about 12pm when her little brother comes into her room - unannounced and uninvited.

"mum said you need to get up"

"why?" she replied weakly.

"she said you need to get your behind up and stop being a useless piece of shit"

her mum definitely said the first bit, but ziora's 17 year old brother, akelle, certainly added the second bit for shock value. she threw a pillow at him and it hit the ps4 controller out of his hand.

"hey! don't shoot the messenger" he exclaimed.

he backed out the room, in fear of his life because nothing was scarier than a hangry, cranky ziora.

ziora flopped back onto her bed, the sunlight shone through a crack in curtain, frosted windows concealing the icy winter afternoon. she felt her eyes closing again when she saw a notification on her phone.

[m.olise liked your post]
[m.olise liked your story]
[m.olise started following you]

ziora.adebanjo

adebanjo

ziora.adebanjo beanie szn
liked by m.olise and 572 others

view 59 comments
eniola.suavee frfr
shamira.whitmore spidey sensless 🙄
• ziora.adebanjo that's a good one 😂
akbanjo looks like something i owned when i was 7

load more comments

29 november 2022

ziora's story

"who dafuq is m

"who dafuq is m.olise" she said out loud.

akelle must have over heard her from his room, which was next door.

"do you mean michael olise?" he asked propping his head in her door.

"i don't know"

"show me his profile"

"who is that that?" she asked

"that's my guyy"

"213k followers, does he even know you exist?" she replied.

"shut up, he's a football player for palace, why'd you ask"

"no reason - leave"

"okay" he replied sarcastically, waving his hands on the air.

in that moment ziora looked through her dm requests, she didn't usually do this because it was more or less filled with 50 years old creeps and sex bots. but at the very top sent two minutes ago was a certain crystal palace player.

[m.olise] hey

"ain't no way" she thought in her head.

she definitely wasn't going to open in, she didn't want to seam eager or thirsty - she didn't follow him so for all he knew he was lost in her requests.

"ZIORA"

the bellowing sound of her mother knocked the headache out of her head.

"it's almost 12:30pm and you're still in bed?!" she said charging through the door. "when did you become so lazy?"

sometimes ziora forgot when she came down to london she was going back to her mums house. her mother didn't think she took life seriously. getting piss drunk and sleeping into the afternoon wasn't her exact idea of living.

"is this the type of example you want to set for your younger brother?"

ziora was lowkey still delirious, usually smart mouthed she had nothing to say. she zoned out and her mother lectured her for the next 15 minutes. when she heard the door closed she picked up her phone again.

all she could think about was that dm. but she want going to give him the satisfaction of replying. he was a footballer - for all she knew he was looking for a quick fuck and was going to leave her on delivered the next day. she was always warned about footballers and how they had no respect for women, they would cheat on their wives and girlfriends, whom they had children with. then they "carry all of their guilt in designer bags that you buy me".

she wasn't going to give him time of day because of what he did for a living.

...

7:55pm

laid down outstretched on the couch, ziora was still dealing with the consequences of her drinking from the night before.

coming into the room was akelle, eager and excited.

"move your legs i wanna watch football" he said adamantly.

"don't be fuckin rude, you can watch it in your room and there are plenty of other seats to sit"

"none of the illegal streams are working"

"what that got to do with me?"

"cheer up, your favourite footballer is playing"

ziora screwed her face, she definitely was not a football fan, she was more into athletics. she knew of messi and ronaldo but had to ask her brother what the offside rule was every match.

"you idiot, crystal palace are playing - and so is olise"

the teams walked out. crystal palace v liverpool. she took a good look at him, he wasn't bad looking, tall, lightskin/brown skin, dreads.

the whole match she couldn't keep her eyes off him, he's a left winger and the centre of palace's attack (who were very prominent) - so the camera zoomed in on his face a lot.

he wasn't as dramatic as other players, when he got fouled he usually tried to play on but if he fell he wasn't overly dramatic. he assisted zaha to let palace take the lead at anfield and he didn't even look impressed. but when he was angry - he was angry. not afraid to stand up for himself.

"my type of man" she thought, nonchalant, stern, but defo had a soft side. she thought to text him back now because he definitely want going to see it for the next hour at least...

[ziora.adebanjo]
hey x

the game finished 1-1, though it wasn't a win, palace played a good game. just as she thought, he didn't respond for the next four hours, but when he did she was fast asleep.