Lost in his head Donnie failed to notice a shadow slowly approaching the door. With one quick motion the door opened revealing the mysterious person from the not-so-abandoned lab.

For a few first seconds both of them were just standing staring at each other. It was so quiet (and probably as awkward).

As he lifted his goggles of his face, Donatello watched them with a strange kind of disappointment seeing that they were just some random normal student. They had [s/c] skin mostly covered by dark clothing in which the most signifying thing was the colorfull jacket (that gave him the sense of deja vu for some unknown reason). One of their hands was tightly wrapped around the strap of the cross body bag. Donatello noticed several pins, patches and keychains from different types of media on it. He could even recognize most of them (especially that one pin wit Atomic Lass on it).

"Uh, I was just leaving so-" they started talking startling Donnie a little. "-could you just... pretend you never saw anything?”

The mysterious person said nervously darting their eyes at everything but on him and just now he looked at their face. Even in the dark he could see every bigger and smaller detail, his own eyes jumping from the shiny [e/c] eyes to nose and lips and even to tiny scars scaterred on their skin. Scars huh?...

"Oh..." they breathed out finally laying eyes on him. "Turtle."

Donnie sudently felt a pang of irritation.

"Yes, excellent observation. I am in fact a type of reptilian, to be exact a one from the Trionychidae family." he responded totally not sarcastic.

The [h/c] haired teen stared at him in shock not knowing what to say for the first few seconds. Donnie was just about to start going on a rant on the topic of different species of turtles when they opened their mouth.

"Fancy way of saying you're a softshell turtle but okay." they muttered to themselves. "What I meant was, you're one of the turtle brothers. For so many yokai and mutants going to this school, you guys are the most recognizable." the teen started lightly bouncing on the heels of their feet before adding. "And we have at least four classes together every day."

Huh, that was a surprise. The turtle never noticed them in class before. Then again, he never pays attention to other students unless they're doing projects, which requires having a partner, or they are talking about something that catches Donnie's attention.

"I am not a bit surprised that my intellect is so recognizable among my peers and many others." he proclaimed with confidence. "However, now I'm more intrigued about what someone like you is doing in a school lab at 11:53 p.m." 

Donatello rised one of his drawn eyebrows looking at them suspiciously. Small bead of sweat rolled down their neck.

"Well, I..." bright eyes shifting from his face to the ground and again on him. They cursed internally to themselves for not being able to hold eye contact for long enough to not appear suspicious. "I have permission form a teacher to use this lab."

"Why and which teacher would get you an access to-"

"What are you doing here though?" the more human one of the pair, swiftly avoiding the topic, tilted their head curiously. 

It was his turn to sweat.

"I may have heard about an unoccupied lab and simply thought that such a place couldn't go to waste." the purple turtle pointed his tree fingered hand at the entrance to the room, hiding the other in the pocket of his hoodie.

"Understandable." they nodded at his reasoning. "Though, could you not tell anyone about it?"

"Why is that? I thought that you had permission form the teacher." Donnie questioned.