XIII. CROSSING X THE X LINE

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay I get it." He hissed, holding his side as she began to work on his shoulder, "Not the joking type, are you." He left out a weary grin as he tried to hide his obvious pain.

She had finished the two stitches in less than ten minutes before she sat up turning away as he eyed her, "That wound on your back." He commented, staring at the undressed wound as she was unable to reach it, "Do you need me to stitch it? It seems you're unable to reach it." Hisoka offered with a cocky smile as she suddenly processed his words.

She grew frustrated at herself for falling for another one of his lies as she grit her teeth; he could've stitched his wounds up by himself after all.

The man extended a hand to the female as she slapped it away, holding a scalpel dangerously close to his forehead as he let out a light chuckle, "I get it. I concede." He surrendered backing down as he watched the girl walk off. He adorned his shirt as sat down across from him once more, refusing to look anywhere in his direction.

Eventually the girl began to drift off as soft snores began to exude from her small form. Hisoka tried to move, but the girl snapped awake, glaring at him as he sat back down with a chuckle. She went back to sleep for a while after that until another man showed up. A jittery man named Gittarauker, Kamine frowned, she was hoping it would've been Killua.

Within a minute another applicant arrived, a fiery ninja named Hanzo. She sighed as it yet again wasn't someone she could recognize. "No way! I was beaten by a little girl!?" Hanzo gasped as he pointed to the female, she frowned at his somewhat misogynistic statement as she turned away bitterly.

"Not quite the smooth talker are you." Hisoka jibbed as Hanzo apologized to Kamine in mild embarrassment, not that she cared.

She waited for a few more hours, growing increasingly more worried. She wasn't surprised that Killua wasn't the first to pass the finish line but she was surprised when it took the boy over thirty hours to do so. Not to mention, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio were all no where to be seen.

She bit her nail, something must've happened to them. She picked around one of the unopened doors, it would've budge no matter how much she pulled and she was capable of opening a sixteen ton door. She stopped her futile struggle, even if she were to manage to open the door, she'd have no clue on where to find Killua.

She frowned, she'd just have to wait for him. If he didn't pass this phase she'll just have to renunciate herself from taking the exam and track him down in the tower. She hoped it didn't come down to that, it would be disheartening for Killua to come all this way only to fail a Hunter exam.

The room began to flood with applicants as the sixty hour mark passed. They offered some food but Kamine felt far too worried to take any of it. After sixty-five hours, Kamine wasn't going to be able to sleep anymore.

She watched as two applicants became four, and then eight, and then so on and so fourth until there were at over a dozen applicants in the room. Her wounds ached but she couldn't help the adrenaline that coursed through her veins as the time grew shorter and shorter.

Just where was Killua?

-=-=-=-

The boy found it difficult to sleep despite feeling much better after his chat with Gon. They explored the room, played some games, he taught him how to do a kickflip; he actually felt as if he was having some fun.

Granted, it didn't feel as good knowing Kamine wasn't with them.

"Can't sleep?" A certain blonde pulled him out of his thoughts as he stared at the boy, "No. I can go a few days without needing sleep." He half-lied as he shifted uncomfortably underneath his small blanket. While what he said was true, the real reason he was having trouble sleeping was due to Kamine's absence.