𝐗

𝟷𝟶
-𝙼𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚛-

I hold my knife firmly as we sneak through the ship. We climb to the metal supports in the ceiling as we creep along. Neteyam stops us as we see a group of humans surrounding one that dresses like Navi and has blue paint smeared over his skin, similar to our markings.

Neteyam brings his arm down in an ark again and we jump from the supports. I land on one of the humans and drive my knife into his neck. I reach back and slab the heel of my knife into one's mask and again into the side of his skull, knocking him out. I turn to see fire erupting from Lo'ak's weapon, a loud repeating sound coming with it that makes me cover my ears and hiss.

I feel a hand in my arm the makes me bring my knife to my attackers throat. I pause when I see Neteyam. I take a steadying breath as I look down at the dead solders. My eyes find the one with blood spitting from his neck and Neteyam moves my chin to him.

"Look at me." He says. "Breathe. Come on, we have to go."

I don't have a chance to register the blood on my chest and blade as i am dragged by Neteyam.

"Thanks guys." The human boy says. "Who's this?"

"No time, take cover." Neteyam saysas him and Lo'ak rise their weapons and the boy spider drags be behind a metal wall.

"Go. Go. Go." Neteyam yells and he and Lo'ak join us behind the wall. "Give me that."

Neteyam takes the weapon and begins firing at a Navi with full clothing. The human boy points at an opening in the ship, leading to the ocean.

"Go!" Neteyam yells.

"Come on, this way." The human boy drags Lo'ak to the pool and they dive into the water.

I grab Neteyam's shoulder. He turns to look at me before baking my and and pulling me to jump. I turn my head to look at the man firing at us. I dive over the railing, the sound of metal wizzing past my ears. We land in the water and I don't hesitate to grab Neteyam's hand and swim to the surface quickly.

When we take breaths of air a Damarion's laugh erupts from my chest as Lo'ak and the human boy celebrate. I turn to Neteyam and all humor falls from my face, my heart dropping in my chest. Neteyam barely keeps himself afloat, taking short fast gasps of air.

"Neteyam?" I ask, pulling myself to him.

"Get on." Tiseryi arrives with her Ilu.

"Come on bro." Lo'ak smiles.

"You Sxaung," He gasps. "I'm shot."

I look down to the water to see it forming a crimson red color around Neteyam.

"Shit." Lo'ak says.

I pull Neteyam to me, shock filling my body. Numb is all I feel as the world moves around me like honey. I ride the Ilu with Neteyam between Lo'ak and I I hold him upright and against me as my hand presses hard against the bleeding wound.

I return to my senses as Neteyam's voice enters my mind.

"Ma'Kili." He gasps, leaning his head back on my shoulder.

"Ma'Neteym." I say, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. "Your going to be ok. I have you."

Eclipse covers the sky in darkness as we reach a rock which stands Jake sully. I can't hear their voices over my prayers as we lift him onto the rock. I cradle his head as we lay him down.

"It's okay, we got you." Lo'ak soothes his brother as Jake moves Neteyam to see the exit wound on the boy's back.

"Great mother, please. If you hear me, save him." I cry into the sky with Neteyam's head in my lap.

Neteyam's breaths are fast and weak, a weeze sounding with each inhale.

"Dad I-" Neteyam begins.

"I'm here." Jake soothes as Neyteri scrambles over the rocks to get to her son.

"Kili." Neteyam breathes. "Ma'Kili."

"I'm here, ma'Neteyam. I'm right here." I coo to his.

His eyes find mine as he lifts his hand up. I take it without hesitation and press a kiss against his knuckles. Neyteri mutters prayers as she kneels over her dying son.

"I want to go home." Neteyam gasps.

"I know. We're goin home." Jakes voice cracks. "It's ok. It's ok."

"Dad, I'm sorry." He coughs roughly.

"Ma'Kili, I lo-" his voice fades.

I feel as Neteyam's boys goes limp in my arms, his eyes unfocusing. A sob racks my chest.

"Neteyam?" I sob, pushing a braid back. "Neteyam, please. No. No, no, no, no, no."

A scream tears through my throat as I clutch his face in my hands.

"Neteyam!" I scream before burying my face in his chest. "Come back to me, come back. Eywa please."

Neteyam's body is takes from my arms as Neyteri grieves. Tiseryi wraps her arms around me and my body collapses into her. I grab her arm harshly, screaming into the crook of her elbow.

"Where are your sisters?" Jake asks Lo'ak. "Your sisters where are they?"

"At the ship." Tiseryi sobs. "Their tied up on the ship."

"Their at the moon pool. At the well deck." The human boy says. "I'll show them to you."

The world zones away as Neyteri and Jake leave with the human boy. I move to the side of Neteyam's body. I press my hands on either side of his cheeks and press my forehead to his. A sob racks through my chest. I bury my face in the crook of his neck as I clutch him to me.

Suddenly, a face enters my vision. A glimpse of the Navi man who killed Neteyam sticks in my mind as my pain turns to anger. I gently lay Neteyam down on the rock before closing his bueatiful eyes with my fingertips.

As though under a trance, I stand. Each breath I take is a painful one. Tiseryi stands with me and clutches my shoulders.

"Stay."

My voice is not my own as I call my Ilu. I ride her fast and hard to the mother ship. I press my hand against my knife and pull it from its sheath. Blood coats the dagger and a dark grimace forms as I hiss before sheathing it and scaling the ship.