"we should probably head home," nick said after half an hour of them speaking.

"you coming to ours?" chris asked as he turned to face hope with a miniature smile.

"i'll come for a while," she nodded her head and there wasn't any need for confirmation that it was alright to do so.

nick and chris walked ahead, talking to the camera about something or the other as matt and hope followed, quite far behind.

"you can dry my hair with a hairdryer," matt turned to hope who pulled a face at his words.

"you wish matthew," she retorted and he chuckled.

"that was actually really mean of you, i could have drowned," matt clutched his hand over his heart dramatically while hope rolled her eyes.

"we're even now," hope laughed after a while.

"hope," matt called out from the kitchen, the blue bowl of water firmly grasped in his hand as he attempted to muffle his laughter with his hand.

he heard his girlfriend's yell from upstairs and prepared for her arrival once he began to hear her footsteps trotting down the stairs. he hid behind the door with his phone set up so it could capture hope's reaction. he gave the camera a little sly smirk and a thumbs up as hope's silhouette appeared in the corner of the screen.

hope opened the door a little further, glancing around in confusion as she was positive she had heard matt's voice from the kitchen. she walked into the kitchen some more and before she could speak up, a bunch of water was poured over her head. she let out a yell due to the coldness and the pure shock she felt. she couldn't do anything but laugh in disbelief as she turned to face matt who was laughing a little too loudly.

"what the fuck matt!" she groaned as she let her hands squeeze the ends of her hair, numerous water droplets falling onto the floor in the process.

matt was grinning like an absolute fool and he basically forgot about the phone recording their every move. he moved back slightly, a little scared of how his girlfriend would react.

"surprise!" he grinned at the girl who inhaled deeply.

"i literally could have drowned," she sighed loudly and he gave her a look.

"you definitely could not have drowned, it was only a bit of water," he giggled at the glare she was giving him.

it was only funny because he could tell she didn't mean it. the glare wasn't anywhere close to the usual way it was whenever she was mad and the corners of her mouth were turned up a little. it looked as though she was fighting away her smile and pretending to be annoyed which had matt feeling giddy on the inside for no reason at all.

"in what world was this necessary?" she huffed out and plucked the bowl from matt's hand, slamming it onto the counter top.

"it was funny," matt retorted with a small shrug of his shoulders.

"i'm so going to get you back for this," she smiled at him, shaking her head at the still apparent shock of the situation.

"i'll be alert," matt laughed again and wrapped his arms around hope, not even remotely bothered by the water now transferring onto him.

"you're really pretty, you know that?" he whispered and he was so close that hope could more or less hear his heartbeat.

"are you saying this to get on my good side?" hope questioned as matt tucked strands of her hair behind her ear.