Gus recognized the smell. He felt his body go cold in realization. "It's sleeping nettles." He said, looking up to (Y/n). She had the same look on her face, a look of shock and fear.

Their eyelids suddenly began to feel as if ten pound weights were attached to them. Never in their lives had they been so tired.

And then they blacked out.

———————————————

"But... he's so hateful now."

———————————————

"Hey, (Y/n)..? Gus?? Guys wake up." Hunter said to his friends, trying to wake them up. "Gus? (Y/n)? Can you hear me? Come on, wake up."

Gus opened his eyes first. He swatted Hunter's hands away from him, quickly trying to get away. "Ah! Bosha!" He cried out in fear.

"It's okay! It's okay, it's just me." Hunter said, cradling (Y/n)'s head into his lap as she woke up.

"What... happened?" She mumbled. Hunter slowly helped her sit up.

"I remember smelling sleeping nettles." Gus said while he looked around his surroundings. They sat inside of a tunnel, unaware of how the wound up in there.

"Yeah, and... I think I saw Kikimora, which is definitely a bad sign." Hunter said, pointing to one end of the tunnel, "That way is all caved in so-"

"This way. Yeah." Gus interrupted him with an irritated tone, "I'm ready to kick some new Hexside butt."

Gus began walking in the opposite direction from where Hunter pointed while (Y/n) followed him.

Hunter sat back and held his knees to his chest. "Oh, Flapjack... Everyone's on edge and I don't know what to say... I wish you were here." He mumbled and buried his head into his arms.

Meanwhile, Gus and (Y/n) walked through the tunnel, stumbling across Willow.

"Willow!" Gus cheered, happy to see his best friend.

Willow jumped, startled by his sudden voice and a vine rapidly wrapped itself around Gus and (Y/n)'s ankles, suspending them in the air. The two were taken by surprise as they both let out a yelp.

"W-Willow! It's just us! Don't worry!" (Y/n) told her.

"Sorry!" Willow apologized, drawing a spell circle to release them.

But the vines didn't retreat. They grew, rather.

"Uh, haha! Sorry!" Willow said, her voice quaked again. "Must've done the wrong spell..."

Willow drew another circle, but the vines only grew and grew. They wrapped around her and her friends. Willow's hands began to shake. Why couldn't she do her magic correctly? She felt like she was back in abomination class where all she could do was fail.

"Why.. can't I do the right spell.?" She mumbled below her breath. She kept trying and trying to release them, but the vines only grew and grew. The more she tried, the more her eyes began to glow.

"Gus! (Y/n)!" Hunter yelled from behind Willow.

Willow turned around to face Hunter, "Oh, Hunter!" She said, making yet another attempt at drawing a spell circle, "I had a little run-in with Boscha and got stuck down here. Gus and (Y/n) just... surprised me." She said.

"What's going on!" Hunter asked her, panicked.

"I've got it all under control." She said. Willow tried again to free her friends, but the vines only encased them more.