45 ~ I'm Home

(Y/n) didn't sleep that night.

Sure, she was back in her childhood bedroom, but it seemed as though all of the childlike wonder that personified the room had vanished.

Her room felt empty and cold. The (f/c) walls felt grey and the air felt grim.

How fitting. A grim room for a grimwalker. She thought and chuckled. I don't even know what the hell that is.

(Y/n) laid awake and stared at the ceiling.

Hunter did, too.

Ms. Adeline set him up with a futón on the side of (Y/n)'s bed.

"Do you wanna sleep up here? It's.. more comfy?" (Y/n) offered as she scooted over for him.

Hunter nodded and stood up to lie in her bed. She pulled the covers over him and closed her eyes.

"Hunter, what are we going to do..." (Y/n) sighed. "I have no doubt Belos is gonna to come after us. And it's only a matter of time before he comes here."

"I- I don't know, (Y/n). We just.. have to stick together. Y'know?"

"Yeah." She smiled.

(Y/n) wrapped her arms around Hunter and placed her head by his collar bone as he put his arms around her.

His lips rested on her forehead as he closed his eyes.

They didn't sleep. They couldn't sleep. There was too much on their minds to let them drift off to slumber. So they stayed there, in their embrace, until the sun shone through her curtains.

The room was painted in sunlight color, but still managed to feel drab and colorless.

So reluctantly, they sat up out of bed and headed downstairs to the dining room.

Waiting for them were the children, Emmett, Elora, Ollie, Wen and Merley who all sat at the table eating their breakfast. Two spare breakfast plates waited for the pair in the table.

They all gasped when they saw (Y/n) and ran to hug her.

"Hi, you guys!" She smiled, happily.

"Who is that?" Elora asked as she pointed to the blond haired boy standing ajar to the group.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Wen asked.

"No, he's just my friend." (Y/n) replied as her cheeks began to blush.

"Oh, well, he should be your boyfriend. You two would make a good match."

(Y/n) felt her face heat up, real fast. Did this eight year old really just say they'd be a good match?

"Um. Well, this is Hunter, Hunter say hi." (Y/n) jumbled her words as she presented her partner.

"Hi.." Hunter waved awkwardly with a crooked, shy smile.

"Hunter, this is Wen, Elora, Emmett, Merley and, this one here is Ollie. The ugly one I told you about."

"Hey!!" Ollie exclaimed with a smile.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." (Y/n) laughed as she ruffled his hair.

"You know, I just did my hair! And you go and mess it all up." Ollie grumbled.

"How come you're back? Didn't Ms. Lilith adopt you?" Emmett asked.

"I- uh, I just felt like visiting. I promised I'd visit, didn't I?" (Y/n) laughed awkwardly as the children stared up at her.

"Mister Hunter?" Merley shyly asked, "Why are you hurt?"

"Hm?" Hunter tilted his head in confusion, "Oh! My scar?"