Chapter 9 Party Time Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Mind if I take a break out here with you, Your Highness?"

"No, please do, I was getting bored anyway," Penny says.

"I like your outfit," I say leaning over the balcony.

"That's a first, but thanks anyway. I like yours too," Penny says her hands in a glove made of dark lace.

"So, not a fan of parties either?" I say shrugging.

"God, no at least not this one. The most exciting thing was you being a terror on the throne," she says bored.

"Well, I'm glad I helped entertain you," I say.

"So, why'd you do it," Penny asks.

"I want to be a knight and the only way I know how is to be such a bitch I make father put me in there. I'll annoy him to the point he loses his mind. I want him to do it because of me so he can eat his own words." I say shrugging.

"That sounds fun. What do you think of marquess Piper?" she asks. I groan.

"I think he's a fool letting that girl into her family," I say rolling my eyes.

"I agree. I've heard she's spending a lot of his money. I've also heard from the maids that she's a terror but in a bad way. That's why the Marquess didn't bring her," Penny says fanning herself with a lacey fan.

"I'd believe it, she seems like a bitch. I don't believe that she is the angel everyone thinks she is. I think she's after something, but I dunno what," That's a lie I knew exactly what she wanted, a reverse harem. She wasn't going to get it now.

"I heard she's already enrolled for the Knights academy," Penny said looking over at me.

"She may be enrolled but I'm going to make it and she won't," I said gripping the railing tightly.

"I see," Penny said smiling. Penny and I spent the rest of the night talking shit about the rest of the higher nobles.

"There you are your highness," someone said both Penny and I turn to look at each other confused.

I gesture between us, "Is that for me or for you?"

She glances behind us and sighs.

"For me, I think," she says and turns around. I laugh as I see the person's face go into shock as he realizes I am also standing there.

"Oh, your highness I didn't see you there," the man says I can't see their face, but Penny knows who it is without even seeing them.

"Your father is making preparations to leave," the man says. I groan that means I've lost my gossip partner and now I have to go to the royal family and bid them good evening.

"I'll follow you out," I say, bowing to her slightly. She rolled her eyes but went out anyway.

"You're a weird one," she said with a giggle.

"Indeed, I am," I say following her out. Upon getting closer I see a man in his older years his brown hair greying slightly his most distinct feature was his neat and tidy moustache.

An older man with greying brown hair and a well-kept moustache

"Mr Richfield, where is Father?" Penny's voice was more of a command than a question. Without another word, Mr Richfield took both of us to the king.

"Ah, if it isn't the life of the party," the king said as I approached. I bow deeply to him.

"If that's what you think your majesty then I accept your words humbly," I say still bowing.